Touring or Permanent Performance in TKiY

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BenEggler

BenEggler

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

So, I recently picked up TKiY expansion and have yet to play it. My brother and I are planning on paying a 4 investigator game at some point in the next couple days and I really want to bust this one out to get a fresh experience with the game.

Do you recommend touring TKiY with our game or integrating it into all of the decks? I'd really like to know if playing the Touring Performance of TKiY is fun. It sounds really interesting to play a game with ONLY new cards, but is it balanced? 

Any tips, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated! :D

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Playing Touring Performance is definitely dangerous, unless you understand very well when and where to hit the board. The double terror cards, the intermissions and so on are a huge risk of having a very, very, very short and brutal game. My suggestion is: mix everything in. You'll still enjoy the theme, but with a more balanced game :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

BenEggler,

I couldn't agree more with Julia...KiY is one of the very best Heralds on the lot, but the Touring Variant will have you whimpering in the corner by the 9th Mythos Card if you're not careful.

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#4 BenEggler

BenEggler

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Thank you both very much! That's really awesome to hear and has me very excited to play! Honestly, I think we might have to try the Touring Performance because of how much we love challenges. If we get destroyed, we'll play another game with shuffling the decks together.

I absolutely love short, brutal, horrifying games! :D

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

Let's know how it ends, then!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 Manishtusu

Manishtusu

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Touring performance is brutal! The mythos deck is quite unbalanced though, gate openings won't be your main source of danger. Acts and the terror level on the other hand... will be out of control. It's both fun and a good way to get smashed, fast.

#7 BenEggler

BenEggler

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

If he ends up wanting to do it, I'll definitely let you know how it goes! I'll try to keep track as we play. I've never written a recap of a game before. That would be a fun experience on its own. =P

• Julia likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS