• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 archon007

archon007

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

FIRST!!! Holy ****, you are amazing.

Second, what company do you use to print these?

#42 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

What a great job! I love them. Would be it possible to have a file version with the head stat bar customisable? I'm a french speaker and I would like to translate those cards to use in my game.

I'm french and have started to translate them too.

Might as well do it together.

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#43 AccidentalRob

AccidentalRob

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

As always, lovely work, sir.

#44 AccidentalRob

AccidentalRob

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Decided to take the template and work out one of my own. Stats were taken from another thread (if someone knows a better stat block for Viper Probes, let me know!)

GAbp3VV.jpg

#45 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Version 2 is online!

Link to the PSD-File which uses the EotE Fonts (you need to have them on your computer so that you can use them)
http://www.mediafire...al_Fonts_v2.zip

Link to the PSD File which uses the Windows Standard Fonts (I tried to fit the look as closely as possible)
http://www.mediafire...rd_Fonts_v2.zip

Edited by thedearth2, 30 October 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#46 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Version 2 is online!

Link to the PSD-File which uses the EotE Fonts (you need to have them on your computer so that you can use them)
http://www.mediafire...al_Fonts_v2.zip

Link to the PSD File which uses the Windows Standard Fonts (I tried to fit the look as closely as possible)
http://www.mediafire...rd_Fonts_v2.zip

Can't seem to get to the page :/
It sends me back to this topic's page.

I II III IV V VI

#47 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Should be fixed.

#48 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

With version 3 I am going to focus more on the printability of the cards. I settled now for Poker-sized cards and will provide sufficient border material, so that they can be printed in online stores without white borders/drift.

Additionally I will standarize the look a step further by adjusting the lower text frame border on a common level, the heading on the same height and such stuff.

• Naglareph likes this

#49 Dalagrath

Dalagrath

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Dearth,

Any chance you could extract those fonts from your fonts folder and zip them up for us? I can't seem to find any fonts that will sync with yours.

#50 Dalagrath

Dalagrath

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Here is a few of the ones I have created for my own members. What do you think?

apAbWaf.jpg

Edited by Dalagrath, 09 November 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#51 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

They are pretty sweet. I like the shock glove image.

I II III IV V VI

#52 RCNavratil

RCNavratil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hey Dearth! Firstly, thank you for all your hard work with these files. They've been an absolute blast to play with. I hope you don't mind, but in utilizing your design I came up with some card backs that you can slip into sleeves to go along with your already wonderful cards. 

EotE_CustomCardBackThumbnail_zps39f32496

I like to use wet erase markers on the sleeves for NPC names, notes, etc. Finally, you can use the bottom box to add additional notes, or mark as damage boxes. I purposely left it ambiguous. Anyways, hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. Thanks again!

Here is the link to the .psd in case you want to tint it something other than blue.

#53 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Heya! Seems like a good idea. Definitely something I would buy (or possibly print if you made that available). Speaking of which, was curious as to whether you could post some kind of link or file with what's been accomplished thus far. Having on hand cards for stats and NPCs and items would be useful, and I was curious if you could allow access to them for now so the rest of us could try them out for size. Unless it's exclusive to contributors, in which case I'd like to know so I could get a good slice of that metaphorical pie.

#54 Kainrath

Kainrath

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

does anyone have a link to the fonts that are used?

Folio Templates

Example Character Folios

Blog (with loads of gear/items/tables)

#55 ccarlson101

ccarlson101

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Minor nitpick: You should probably make note somewhere in the descriptions for certain items, things that have crunchy effects. For example, heavy blaster pistols can be made to run out of ammo on [THREAT][THREAT][THREAT]. A holdout blaster inflicts [SETBACK] on checks made to spot the hidden weapon. And so forth...

That's SCIENCE!

#56 Kainrath

Kainrath

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

thought i'd share some that i have worked up, thanks to thedearth2's amazing work...

http://kainrath.wordpress.com/

Folio Templates

Example Character Folios

Blog (with loads of gear/items/tables)

#57 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi, these are great.... do I need Photoshop to make my own? As I neither own, nor can afford it.... or know how to use it if I did.

I had a quick look at the Strange Eons thing, would that let me create exactly the same kind of thing? (Assuming you create the right extension for it?)

#58 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Hi, these are great.... do I need Photoshop to make my own? As I neither own, nor can afford it.... or know how to use it if I did.

I had a quick look at the Strange Eons thing, would that let me create exactly the same kind of thing? (Assuming you create the right extension for it?)

You could probably use GIMP instead.  It is a free open source graphics program and pretty darn good.  I can't afford adobe products either.

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#59 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

I wish you talented folks would go create a plug-in for EotE for Strange Eons. A template was made for SE for FFG's Warhammer that made anyone able to make custom cards.

• kaosoe likes this

#60 Bluejeanjedi

Bluejeanjedi

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

I am new to photoshop and am having trouble with these files. I have tried both the original and standard font versions, and have installed the fonts when I could. I've tried psd viewers, photoshop's own trial software, and I can't figure out how to view the cards, let alone print them. I even tried a file converter and only got one card out of the v2 set, the Teemo the Hutt card.

I'm sure my problems are being uneducated in the software/process. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS