• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hi!

While waiting to continue with the Menagerie, I looked around for another project. Some days ago mfluder posted Custom NPC Cards (http://community.fan...ds-for-players/). I really liked the idea, so I decided to design some of my own.

EotE: NPCs, Vehicles, Planets, Weapons, Armors, Gear and Starships.

template_box_promo2x6ucj.png

previewijkoa.png

The pictures used are from Wookipeedia (Tie) or from the Under a Black Sun PDF. Teemo stats are place holder.

TWO LAYOUTS
I created the cards in two versions: One with the original EotE Fonts and one with Windows Standard Fonts everyone should have on his computer.

Updated, version 2 is available for download!

Link to the PSD-File which uses the EotE Fonts (you need to have them on your computer so that you can use them)
http://www.mediafire...al_Fonts_v2.zip

Link to the PSD File which uses the Windows Standard Fonts (I tried to fit the look as closely as possible)
http://www.mediafire...rd_Fonts_v2.zip

The files were made with Photoshop CS 6, but should work with most of Photoshop versions. All orange layers include information which needs to be changed for your own cards. To get the blurry edge of the picture insert the picture into the PSD, rescale it so that your picture is slighty larger than the blurry template. Then hold CTRL and click into the mask of the original picture layer (the black/white one next to the thumbnail) and click on "Mask" which is located at the very bottom of the layer tab.

I see my work as Work in Progress, so Feedback is, as always, appreciated.
I also plan to collect NPCs, Vehicles and Starships and put them all together in one big PDF but that needs some more time.

The Dearth

Edited by thedearth2, 30 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

• bladerunner_35, Doc, the Weasel, ccarlson101 and 5 others like this

#2 facenorth23

facenorth23

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hail to The Dearth!

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.

#3 Gargi

Gargi

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Looks awesome!

#4 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Great work here. 

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#5 9littlebees

9littlebees

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks very much, these print out really nice!

EOTE Unofficial Bestiary Thread (link) & Spreadsheet (link) | My EOTE NPC Cards (A4 / Letter)

#6 Drathen

Drathen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Amazing job man!! Will use the hell out of them!

#7 mfluder

mfluder

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Those are amazing!! you outdid mine wonderfully.  :)

#8 Utsanomiko

Utsanomiko

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'd like to see some item cards. Would be very useful to be able to hand them out at character creation, plus make custom items more readily available to a group.

Doesn't look like the cards note whether the NPC is a minion, rival or nemesis.

• mfluder likes this

#9 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Waow.

There are so many good quality threads about cards and stuff. Anf they all look awsome!

Many thanks! 

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#10 mjames

mjames

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for these fantastic templates.  Love all the great community contributions!

#11 Shadai

Shadai

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Fantastic yet again Dearth.  Excellent Job!

Damn, now I need to figure out how to use GIMP to edit them....

Edited by Shadai, 12 October 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#12 mfluder

mfluder

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Man I love these templates, I printed a couple out and stuck em in card sleeves and they look awesome!!!!! I second the notion to get some weapon and item cards. 

#13 mfluder

mfluder

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

DSC_1467.JPG

• bladerunner_35 and thedearth2 like this

#14 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'd like to see some item cards. Would be very useful to be able to hand them out at character creation, plus make custom items more readily available to a group.

Doesn't look like the cards note whether the NPC is a minion, rival or nemesis.

I'll give it a try with the items. I tag whether it is a minion, rival or nemesis by putting a letter behind the name, though I am not really happy with that. I have some ideas, but I need to test them first. Any suggestions?

#15 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Link to the PSD-File which uses the EotE Fonts (you need to have them on your computer so that you can use them)

Just out of curiosity, what is the font used for EotE?

#16 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Just out of curiosity, what is the font used for EotE?

The cards I made do not have all the EotE Fonts in them, but the ones included are:

Heading: Elektra Pro Bold

Numbers: Teuton Mager Bold

Categories: Teuton Mager Regular and Italic (though not necessary because I put them in as image)

Text: ITC Symbol Book and Bold

#17 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

First draft for item cards, started with weapons:

eote_weaponcustomcard2hab2.png

(sorry for the typo in the description, too lazy to correct, save and upload it again...)

• Doc, the Weasel likes this

#18 Otzlowe

Otzlowe

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

This is a small design consideration, but I kind of feel like the top and bottom margins should be a bit wider. They currently feel a little cramped and potentially prone to being unintentionally cropped if one were cutting out many cards at once.

That said, I like these! Almost makes me wish I were running an offline game so that I had an excuse to use them.

#19 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

The cards I made do not have all the EotE Fonts in them, but the ones included are:

Heading: Elektra Pro Bold

Numbers: Teuton Mager Bold

Categories: Teuton Mager Regular and Italic (though not necessary because I put them in as image)

Text: ITC Symbol Book and Bold

Could we get a list of the font sizes as well.  Gimp only can use the reasterized version of the existing text, so I'll need to recreate the text layers.  Trial an error would work, but I'm sure it's an easy look for you.  Thanks.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#20 thedearth2

thedearth2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Could we get a list of the font sizes as well.  Gimp only can use the reasterized version of the existing text, so I'll need to recreate the text layers.  Trial an error would work, but I'm sure it's an easy look for you.  Thanks.

Here you go:

Heading: Elektra Pro Bold 14,15 pt

Numbers: Teuton Mager Bold 10,66 pt / 7,79 pt

Text: ITC Symbol Book and Bold 5,2 pt

and the current state of the cards:

previewpduge.png

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS