#1 pak88

pak88

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hello guys!

I'm new on agot lcg, and I have one little question:

I have The Queen of Thorns on the field: 

"Response: after a card comes out of shadows, The Queen of Thorns claims one power"

with an attachment: Body Guard

If my Queen of Thorns returns in the shadows due to the effects of "Sister of truth", the powers and the attachments is lost? 

Thank youuu!

#2 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yep -- any time a card leaves play (discard, dead, returned to shadows, returned to hand), attachments and power on it are lost.

#3 doulos2k

doulos2k

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

But, if you are using Sister of Truth, you can return herself back to Shadows. You do not need to return the Queen of Thorns. If you have the gold... in theory, you could keep popping the Sister into and back out of play every phase to power the Queen. But, that is expensive.

This little trick tends to work the best, in my opinion, out of a Stark City of Shadows deck running Hidden Chambers. But... that's a whole different conversation (and that's not a Tier 1 deck... but man is it a fun one!)

Austin AGoT Players

http://agotaustin.com

#4 pak88

pak88

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for the answers!

But, if you are using Sister of Truth, you can return herself back to Shadows. You do not need to return the Queen of Thorns.

Yes, I know, but if I keep my Queen in play, out of shadows, she will be the target of valar... and this is not so good ^^'' 

We play only Melee and only for fun,  so the Queen of Thorns is perfect for our style :) 

This is a bad news for my friend, the bara-shadows player xD

Thanks thanks!

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

1 power each phase is 7 per turn. You can win before a Valar comes, especially if you give the Queen a duplicate or two (or a bodyguard).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS