Inner Beast/Third Eye

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Now, I see nothing in the cards stating you can't have both at the same time, though I might be wrong. Here's the thing--doing the math, if one had both active, you stand to gain quite a lot for losing a little. Just to make sure I'm seeing this right, if you have both Third Eye and Inner Beast active at the same time you get:

One Extra movement point.

+2 to Horror Checks

+2 to Combat Checks

Immunity to Curses

-1 to Stamina

-1 to Sanity

They seem like these cards are supposed to be opposing forces but, like I said, I see nothing saying both can't be active at once. So, is this a viable thing? I mean, would you, a player, be willing to use both, despite the cost to Sanity and Stamina for all that you gain?

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Dr. Faust,

You're correct, they are quite powerful, but remember that it's about timing in this game.  So, if you were to cast Summon the Beast which confers a -2 Maximum Sanity that will take place, before you cast Open the Third Eye spell.  You're absolutely right that the net effect for these two spells is -1 Sanity and -1 Stamina though I doubt too many Investigators would have the opportunity to possess both of these spells...but if so, it's a great combination indeed.

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#3 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Well, with my bad shuffling, it seems that these are the only spells I get when I play! XD Not joking either--I inevitably get at least one of these in the starting possessions and then seem to get multiples no matter how much I shuffle...>.> I think the game is speaking to me--or screwing with me.

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Dr. Faust,

Then listen to the voice...and screw the game by using the combo! :lol:

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS