Photo

Dark Heresy 2 is Dead. Could we have a post op?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 LegendofOld

LegendofOld

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Listen, if you're rejoicing at the demise of Dark Heresy 2 and the birth of Only War, the Dark Heresy edition, fine whatever. Congratulations. You don't need to come here to gloat.

What I'm wondering is if the staff at Fantasy Flight would be willing to knock up a final version of Dark Heresy 2 based on the beta updates that have come out so far and make it available for download. I'm not sure if that would be a pain in the ass or not, but I would be forever grateful if I could have a single PDF product for Dark Heresy 2 that would save me from having to flip through the updates every time I look at the rules. 

If you, like me, loved Dark Heresy 2, please post a request here for a tweeked version of the Beta PDF. I'm not sure if FFG would be willing to do that or not, but I figure its worth asking. 

• MILLANDSON, seanpp and knasserII like this

#2 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Dark Heresy 2 is Dead. Could we have a post op?

No.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#3 cps

cps

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Make your own.

This is a dumb thread.

• Fgdsfg likes this

#4 frajaq

frajaq

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

How can something that wasn't born yet, die.

Anyway Only War owns and you should be happy FFG was smart can carried stuff from that to DH2 

• Fgdsfg likes this

#5 Torg Smith

Torg Smith

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yes, the post is right here.

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4361

#6 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'd appreciate a copy of the current beta rules with the Beta Updates included in it. It's not something you can easily do at all, and for those of us who liked the new rules, it'd be great.

Nice to see the haters flaming though, nicely done guys *slow clap*

• LegendofOld, seanpp and knasserII like this

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#7 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Obviously, now that they've chosen to take the whole thing back to formula, giving any support to the discarded version makes no sense on FFG's part.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#8 Snowman0147

Snowman0147

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Cry me a river.  The company did what all companies do.  They made a product and presented it as a beta.  A lot of people hated it and company decided to go with older, but proven products that is well loved.  It is like your bitching about the death of New Coca Cola and the Coca Cola company switch back to Classic Coca Cola.

#9 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Funny how the vitriol refuses to die down on both sides.

#10 Snowman0147

Snowman0147

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Sorry, but in all honesty despite how much I hated the wound system in the beta I still dislike how things just switch to Only War.  It is just company got to do what a company got to do.  Fantasy Flight wanted to do this system, but found out it was not going to be a wise investment so they switch back to OW which is proven to work. 

My response was aimed at the original poster of this thread because he refuses to get it.  Instead of just accepting it and moving forward like any reasonable person would had done for a game this guy decided to be a whiny spoiled brat.  While acting like a whiny spoiled brat he demanded that can never happen.  He has the beta and the updates.  He got every thing he need.  Sorry it didn't pan out the way that a lot of people wanted it which includes myself, but he has no reason to post this thread at all.  He is just being a baby.

#11 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

He is just being a baby.

Yeah, what a total git for politely asking if someone at FFG might have the time and inclination to compile the v2.3 material into a single pdf. Something we customers can't, or at least aren't supposed to be able to do ourselves.

Never have I heard anything so whiney, entitled and just plain obnoxiously rude. Off with his head, I say!

... Maybe you should just take a deep breath, Mr. Snowman, and chill.
  • MILLANDSON, LegendofOld, seanpp and 1 other like this

#12 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

He is just being a baby.

Yeah, what a total git for politely asking if someone at FFG might have the time and inclination to compile the v2.3 material into a single pdf. Something we customers can't, or at least aren't supposed to be able to do ourselves.

Never have I heard anything so whiney, entitled and just plain obnoxiously rude. Off with his head, I say!

Well, OP's sentiment was... deluded, for a lack of better word. I don't think he understood the full ramifications of his request.

Still, no reason to make assumptions and judgments the way Snowman did. That was plain uncalled for.

#13 LegendofOld

LegendofOld

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

He is just being a baby.

Thank you.

• MILLANDSON and seanpp like this

#14 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

Sorry, but in all honesty despite how much I hated the wound system in the beta I still dislike how things just switch to Only War.  It is just company got to do what a company got to do.  Fantasy Flight wanted to do this system, but found out it was not going to be a wise investment so they switch back to OW which is proven to work. 

My response was aimed at the original poster of this thread because he refuses to get it.  Instead of just accepting it and moving forward like any reasonable person would had done for a game this guy decided to be a whiny spoiled brat.  While acting like a whiny spoiled brat he demanded that can never happen.  He has the beta and the updates.  He got every thing he need.  Sorry it didn't pan out the way that a lot of people wanted it which includes myself, but he has no reason to post this thread at all.  He is just being a baby.

Surprisingly, the only person whining about anything, and acting like a child, are those complaining about the OP. If you disagree, just ignore the thread.

• Simsum, seanpp and knasserII like this

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#15 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

I think the wish of the OP is understandable, and also something I share.

But accourding to economical reasons, this is not going to happen. :(
  • MILLANDSON and Simsum like this

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#16 MaliciousOnion

MaliciousOnion

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Surprisingly, the only person whining about anything, and acting like a child, are those complaining about the OP. If you disagree, just ignore the thread.

With the beta effectively stalled until the end of November, people are becoming bored and restless.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP, though I found it passive-agressive whiny. The content is all there for someone with a bit of time to compile into their very own version. I've already partly done so, although I won't be sharing.

• Ghaundan likes this

#17 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I agree with the sentiment of the OP, though I found it passive-agressive whiny. The content is all there for someone with a bit of time to compile into their very own version. I've already partly done so, although I won't be sharing.

It'd be great if there was some way to prove we're actual customers, because we're doing the same thing at the moment. Or rather, I think one of my playmates will have "first pass" conversion of DH2.3b in document form ready this weekend, and at some point after that (when the rest of our group's whining grows more intolerable that the extreme dullness of the task, probably, lol) I'll edit out the worst deluges of flavour and convert the thing to html.

So.. I'm guessing it would probably speed things up considerably to collaborate, but... RPGs are so damn niche I would hate myself if such a thing suddenly showed up as a download somewhere.

Paradox Games (video game publisher) has a system where people has to input a serial number to gain access to the forums. FFG doing something similar might be a boon to both them and us.

A player maintained "living html" would be fantastic, and no doubt save at least both our groups a huge amount of really not the least bit interesting work.

#18 MaliciousOnion

MaliciousOnion

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

This is where an online ruleset would come into its own, but we've done that argument.

Edited by MaliciousOnion, 14 October 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#19 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

True. But it's such a good idea it just begged to be said twice :P

... Plus, I'm like pre-emptively traumatised by the staggering amount of dull in my far too immediate future. We already went through this with DH-RT-BC-OW. Honestly I don't even understand why I agreed to go through it again with the 2.3 beta already. I mean, who knows? DH2e proper might turn out to be better.

#20 Robomummy

Robomummy

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

from what I see the DH2 beta is fairly well done and wont take too much work to fix if you want to use that. If like most people I have seen here you want the rule set to be more in line with what is currently out there (Only war, Black crusade, Etc.) then use the new rules they come out with.

I don't see the issue here.

Check out my podcast Buckets Of Dice where myself and a friend review how to start various different kinds of tabletop, roleplaying, and CCG games. http://bucketsofdice.podomatic.com/ Each episode focuses on a new game, we discuss a little about the game's backround, rules, how to start/ what to buy, and a little about the company.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS