• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

The news. Maybe we could hope to see an European edition as well, sooner or later..

• dj2.0 likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 solidearth

solidearth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Too bad Toronto is on the other side of Canada...

#3 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

The news. Maybe we could hope to see an European edition as well, sooner or later..

How far would you travel for an Arkham Nights in Europe? :P

• Julia likes this

#4 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

That's a tough one. Dunno, really, it depends seriously on the financial avail. But I'd consider London, Paris, Berlin or a place I can reach with just one flight (wanna play "Through the barricades" and win in less than 12 Mythos, wanna take part in the cosplay contest - I taylored a Mandy Thompson costume for a friend who is *identical* to the character (and maybe it's a good way to find her a decent bf) - wanna enjoy every damn minute of the Arkham madness and meet all the Arkham friends met here during the years, and wanna open a clandestine booth to make propaganda for Avi's League)

Especially the last one

• Avi_dreader and The Professor like this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#5 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I taylored a Mandy Thompson costume for a friend who is *identical* to the character (and maybe it's a good way to find her a decent bf)

Just give her some research materials to lean over

</inappropriate>

• Julia likes this

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

I taylored a Mandy Thompson costume for a friend who is *identical* to the character (and maybe it's a good way to find her a decent bf)

Just give her some research materials to lean over

</inappropriate>

That's the reason I said DECENT boyfriend.. :headshake: :P

• dj2.0 likes this

#7 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

There is this mind blowingly cool place on the Rhine called Castle Bacharach, a youth hostel. The Cthulhu and Game of Thrones ccg championships took place there in 2011. It was one of the best gaming events of my life. Friends came from all over the continent. Rooms were cheap, location was breathtaking. At night we stood on the battlements watching stars reflecting on the river. It would be awesome to have our Arkham Nights Europe there. Who to tackle with this idea?
  • Julia and Schwaig like this

#8 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Is the one held at the same time as the Wave Gothic Treffen in Leipzig? (which means Pentecost)

If yes, I've heard great things about this :)

And in case it is, it's the worse period of the year for me :laughter:

#9 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

I don't know. It moved around in the time when I was following it (I went one year only because the next year it moved to the heart of winter - not a good time with the cold). When I attended I believe it was in October but Ive just realised time has really flown and it was not 2011 but more like 2009!!! eek. Anyway, heres a pic of the castle and the last announcement on Stahleck (the castle) from FFG:

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=2612

I still have contact with Wolfgang who organized the event and provided excellent prizes, maybe he is the guy to approach to get the ball rolling?

Edited by dj2.0, 03 October 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#10 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

This woulb be so awesome if the Nights come to Europe. Maybe sometimes. ;)

Dices, cubic messengers of fate.

#11 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Agreed, he could be the right guy in the proper place at the right moment. So, why not asking? Could be fun :)

#12 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Ill make some enquiries and let you know what I hear.
  • Julia likes this

#13 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

So, I received a reply from Wolfgang and he has supplied some leads.

First there is the tourney at Stahleck, which is taking place next month and repeats annually. This was the event that I attended and there were many board games going on all weekend. Attaching an Arkham Nights event would probably work out given that there is plenty of space there and that board games are already going on. As you can see from the page the costs for a person for the whole weekend are very reasonable and include a decent meal (I know, I ate them) and endless flagons of tea or coffee. On the Saturday night I was there the attendees also pitched in together for a bunch of beer.

Here is this years event:

http://www.eaglecard...rneyofstahleck/

The CoC LCG European championships decoupled from Stahleck and now run separately. I am not sure if they have a fixed venue or if they move around Europe like a caravan of gypsies, but I was told that this year the event is in Liege and was pointed in this direction:

http://community.fan...-november-2013/

He also suggested that we contact Stuart Wilson at FFG, and at Stahleck that we aim to talk to Mr. Kumpfe. These people may be able to help with the setting up of a European Arkham Nights.I was given their email addresses.

So, our options as a community are to

a) Ask to join the other board gamers at Stahleck.

b) Ask to join the Cthulhu LCG players in Liege (or wherever they next meet)

c) Set up a third event

So, what would be preferable to our community of European sleuths? How many of us are there? Please identify here so we can at least make a count of people who actually play the game, regardless of how many would want to come. Let us know what you think about meeting in person, maybe next year. If there is enough interest perhaps FFG will take note.

Edited by dj2.0, 17 October 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#14 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hi Dj!

Great news indeed, thanks for taking care of this :) As for the different points: they are all bloody distant from the place I live (>1000 km). Clearly it's not like flying to America, but I can't say I'm 100% sure I could attend. I'd prefered something closer (Vienna? Munich?), but nevermind, if we start the perverted game of "hey, couldn't it be a little closer" nobody will ever be happy, and no festival will be done.

So, first of all, let's try to see who could be interested. Between the two locations, I'll cast my vote for Stahleck, because the location is amazing! And if they already have a tourney there, it means there are already people coming (it's important not to organize something that can turn up in a monetary catastrophe).

And yes, I'd love to meet you all in person! It's a life we are all together!

• dj2.0 likes this

#15 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

There is always option 3, and in warmer climes, oh, say, Italy? I would definitely go for that! So, lets see if we have anyone else, or if it would just be the two of us :)

#16 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

The two of us can easily be hosted at my home, I cook, you bring a good beer to drink, and help Andrea setting up the game :)

Anyhoo, yeah, I got the meaning of the message

• dj2.0 likes this

#17 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

I am also generally interested, though it strongly depends on the date and location. 

As I am based near Munich I am pretty much open to every direction of europe.

• dj2.0 likes this

#18 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

That's cool! Half way between here and Liege... any places in Munich able to host the event? (still, the three of us is not an event, but hey, three is a company...)

#19 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

My place, for the three of us?  ;)

For a bigger event, I dont know. What would that place need?

• dj2.0 and Julia like this

#20 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

I am also interested ...but of course depending on the dates...That could be great :-). 

• dj2.0 likes this

“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.” 
― H.P. LovecraftTales of H. P. Lovecraft

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS