How to Draft SWLCG

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SirKhan

SirKhan

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

I've seen a couple of drafting ideas for this game, but they didn't really seem to work for me. 

Here are some draft format ideas I have:

1) Players will build a LS and a DS deck, minimum 10 objective decks each.

2) Players IGNORE all resource matching while playing matches.

3) Players may play any cards in combination with any objectives.

4) Shuffle all LS/DS objectives together. (Or you can select 20-30 of each LS/DS)

5) Create packs of LS/DS objectives mixed together. Players will use the abilities and resources from the objectives, but IGNORE any resource matching. Select objectives one at a time, until all are picked.

6)Shuffle all LS/DS cards together. (Or you can select 100 DS and 100 LS cards and shuffle together. 

7) Create packs of 15 if you want to make (MTG style packs to draft). Google: Draft Variants if you want 2 player drafts like Winchester, Wiston draft formats. Select cards until all LS/DS are picked.

8) Players build LS/DS decks simulataeously as they draft. 

9) Players play normal rules, rotating from LS/DS decks between matches. 

Thoughts?

I am going to test this idea this weekend. 

Edited by SirKhan, 01 October 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#2 WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I worked out a the following draft system to play-test all objective sets, even if at first they don't seem so useful.

1) Shuffle all objectives and put them in front of you, face-down;

2) Draw the first 10 objectives of this deck;

3) Discard and replace* any duplicates of "limit one per deck" objectives;

4) Check how much objectives you have per affilation;

5) If you have more than 2 Neutral objectives you may choose to discard and replace neutral objectives to your choice until you have at least 2 neutral objectives. You cannot replace a neutral objective by another neutral objective;

6) Check how much objectives you have of each affilation;

7) You may choose to discard and replace the affilation you have the least objectives of;

8) In case of a tie between affilations with the least objectives, you may discard and replace one of these affilations. (When replacing, keep any neutral objectives if you don't yet have at least 2 neutral objectives)

8a) If you you have an "X affilation only" objective for one affilation, keep this affilation;

8b) If for neither affilation you have an "X affilation only" objective, shuffle these objectives and randomly draw one. Discard and replace the affilation you just drew an objective of.

8c) In case you have an "X affilation only" for both of the affilations listed under 8, randomly draw one of the "X affilation only" cards. Discard and replace the affilation of the "X affilation only" objective that wasn't drawn.

9) If you're feeling lucky and you want to keep both affilations listed under 8) and you have an "X affilation only" for both; randomly draw one of the "X affilation only" cards. discard and the "X affilation only" objective that wasn't drawn.

10) If you have "X affilation only" objectives of the affilation you didn't have the least objectives of in point 8), discard and replace these objectives.

11) Play the affilation you had the least objectives of in point 8). This should be the only affilation you can have "X affilation only" cards for.

12) Now fill your command deck with the cards belonging to the 10 objectives you just selected.

Repeat for both LS and DS.

*replace: Draw the top card of the objective deck and keep it if eligible according to the previous steps.

#3 hundreds

hundreds

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I made some rules to a while back...

http://boardgamegeek...ns-for-star-war

Edited by hundreds, 01 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS