Focus spending.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Can a focus token be spent even if none of my dice have focus eyeballs showing? Specifically so Garven can ditch a token to someone else. I think so, but during my last tournament we went with no(I didn't want to push the issue at the time.)

#2 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Yes, he can.  This is explicitly in the FAQ.

#3 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yep this one surprised me - I ruled no in my gaming group pre-updated FAQ, but is definitely ruled in the affirmative.

#4 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I checked the faq, it only mentioned target locks... Glad it carries over.

#5 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Q: Can Garven Dreis spend a focus token to 

modify dice even if he didn’t roll any 
symbols?
A: Yes.

At this time, I think he's the only pilot who would benefit from doing this, although presumably you could do this with any pilot, for no effective benefit. (Or on a future pilot with a positive result of Focus spending)

• CrookedWookie likes this
Be seeing you.

#6 Bazinga

Bazinga

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Aminar its on page two of the faq.

Q: Can Garven Dreis spend a focus token to modify dice even if he didn’t roll any symbols?

A: Yes

Im curious how the TO did not know that.

#7 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Think about it this way: you can spend your focus token to change all (eye) results (all zero of them) to hits/evades. 

#8 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

so does this mean you can spend a target lock without rolling any dice? 

#9 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

so does this mean you can spend a target lock without rolling any dice? 

Correct.

#10 nqrsmf

nqrsmf

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

so if I roll 3 dice… no eye symbols (with Garvin)… results of hit/blank/blank….can I change the two blanks to hits??? and just for my knowledge how and why did this come to be a question that made the FAQ??  thanks...

#11 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

so if I roll 3 dice… no eye symbols (with Garvin)… results of hit/blank/blank….can I change the two blanks to hits??? and just for my knowledge how and why did this come to be a question that made the FAQ??  thanks...

You can spend the focus token (changing nothing since you didn't roll any focus results). That lets you pass his focus token using his ability still.

#12 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

No, nothing changes.  Spending a focus allows you to change all *eyes* to *hits*.  The blanks are not eyes, and spending a focus token does nothing to change them.

This just means that it does not matter how many *eye* results are showing, regardless of whether that number is 0 or 50, you can spend a focus to change every *eye* to a *hit* and ignore the rest.

It matters because once Garven uses his focus token, rather than discard it he hands it to another nearby allied ship.  So he can spend the token and hand it off regardless of how many *eye* results he rolled.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS