A momentous occasion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

As of yesterday, I finally picked up a copy of Kingsport Horror which means I now own all the expansions for Arkham Horror! (even if I did accidentally drive down a bus lane which i'm sure I'll get fined for >.< ).

I've just spent this evening carefully taking out and seperating all of the expansions back into their individual boxes (except for the items/skills) before adding in Kingsport with CotDP for good measure in preparation for the next game. I'm fully expecting Kingsport to be quiet from what I've read (hopefully Miskatonic will do something to alleviate that), but I'm looking forward to seeing the new investigators/AOs and the epic battle cards!

I'm not sure what to do next with my Arkham set (other than play lots more games!). I'm eyeing up some third party parts (including stands for the gates) and the investigator/monster miniatures. The only thing is I got to see the investigator miniatures for myself yesterday in the store I picked up Kingsport (something I wasn't expecting as I'm in the UK) and they're very expensive for what they are. I quite like the sculpts (I own a few of the unpainted versions from MoM) but the paint jobs are quite dire- I could paint them better myself (many years spent on warhammer in my youth) but alas, life's too busy right now! :)

Either way, I'm looking forward to my first game with Kingsport!

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

El Mariachi,

first of all congrats for completing the series :) (and sorry if you really get a fine for this!)

As for the future of your collection.. have you considered Crafthulhu? Joe's stuff is so totally awesome! And apart the beauty of the components, they are actually a lot useful (especially the displays)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Julia,

Thank you, my friend!

El Mariachi,

Please reach out to me whenever you have an opportunity.

Ciao/Cheers,

Joe

Edited by The Professor, 30 September 2013 - 10:45 AM.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#4 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Indeed, at some point I'll need to start looking at options like that to increase the pimp factor of the collection :)

• The Professor and Julia like this

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

After several false-starts at trying to establish an internet presence...four interviewed individuals/companies and a rather pathetic attempt on my part to understand and implement WordPress, I think my prayers have finally been answered with a SquareSpace site.  While I've started selling the pieces, post-Kickstarter, I really want to have the site to provide a great Catalog, plus the Blog and Gallery.

• Julia likes this

The Professor

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Any chance you could consider Kickstarting expansion neighborhood displays before Summer 2014, Joe?

Good luck with the site, seems like a good start, this time!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#7 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

Julia,

Unfortunately, I may have lost the Artist for awhile as he explores other professional options.  Last week, someone starting a Kickstarter Project asked us to assist them by creating a piece for them, but sadly, we're unable to do so.  In the end, however, you may see our Neighborhood Displays as part of his Stretch Goals.

Ciao,

Joe

The Professor

#8 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Ehm, what? Is the project cancelled? Or? What other project?

• The Professor likes this

#9 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Ha!  I thought I might get that reaction...sorry :( I didn't mention it to you last week when we had a chance to chat.  A game designer is making a set of Cthulhu-themed cards and asked us to produce a poker carousel, but we're not in the position to do so...but, he may use our Neighborhood Displays for the decks.

The Professor

#10 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Nevermind. I'll ask some more clarifications via PM (being not fair hijacking this thread with personal questions :) )

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS