• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 solidearth

solidearth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hey there,

I had a crazy game of AH last night with three friends. We included KiY and DH for our struggle against Tsathoggua; and what a struggle it was. 

We were okay for the first few turns, nearly closing all gates, however; an ill timed rumour forced us to trade sanity on a 1-for-1 basis while it gained 4 at the end of every mythos phase. we wasted four turns trying to complete it, gates opened up all around us, pushing the doom track higher and higher. With the terror level rising from 3 consecutive monster surges, we desperately attempted to buy an elder sign and more time, but alas Tsathoggua awakened and we only survived 3 rounds of combat; enough to roll 24 successes before being stuffed into the gaping maw of despair.

A very fun game to say the least, but I can't hope but think that I will have a rematch against Tsathoggua soon...

thanks for reading!

Andrew

• Schwaig likes this

#2 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Cool :-) i think that rumour is the Nightmare Pool? Anyway, regardless you cannot hope to stop it slowly, you have to smash it hard over 1-2 turns immediately after it appears, with 2 or 3 investigators who go completely or nearly mad. Otherwise, you are only buying yourself a delay.
  • Julia likes this

#3 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

I think we nearly never solved this rumor - and there is another with stamina, goes for it as well. 

Though the consequences are quite tough, as I remember ...

#4 solidearth

solidearth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Cool :-) i think that rumour is the Nightmare Pool? Anyway, regardless you cannot hope to stop it slowly, you have to smash it hard over 1-2 turns immediately after it appears, with 2 or 3 investigators who go completely or nearly mad. Otherwise, you are only buying yourself a delay.

Yes! I really agree with this, bet we couldn't help but delay it. I think our group gained a combined 6 madness from this single rumour. Its nice that they put it in uptown, far from Dunwich and the other action. I believe we also drew the 4th of July Parade mythos card which blocked 2 investigators in the merchant district en-route to the Nightmare Pool. Aptly named I might add.

#5 solidearth

solidearth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I think we nearly never solved this rumor - and there is another with stamina, goes for it as well. 

Though the consequences are quite tough, as I remember ...

Yes, we felt that 3 mythos resolving in a row might be enough to cost us the game, so it became priority #1. I'd like to see how others handle this card.

#6 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

Cruelty, thy name is Independence Day...yes that would be a problem, especially as the Asylum is at the far end of town from Uptown (the real intention in sticking the rumour in that corner is its a long way to get back to it from the padded cells), with the Merchant area invetween. You were set up by St. Toad. Probably your only chance was the early closing.

• solidearth likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS