• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think that's what Gain the Advantage is for ;)

Armor, Defense rating, Hull Trauma, and System Strain are better representative of straight mechanical advantages. I say let the dice handle the rest.

A single crewed vessel that tries to Gain the Advantage is one that's not shooting at you for a turn. While he's doing that, just shoot him and be done with him.
This is why freighters have a leg up single-man fighters, to be sure. But ship-to-ship combat is rarely about one TIE fighter vs. one other ship. TIEs are deployed in massive numbers in combat to overwhelm the opposition. So while you might "get one," there are several others in the minion group that still have the advantage over you.

It's why you have a wingman - you let one of them bait the target into following them, and then the wingman swoops in behind it and destroy it while it's too busy trying to go after your wing.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS