What do Eldars do if they lose a limb?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

I seem to remember something about living in the Webway so much saps their soul, as Slaanesh's hunger reaches them, even there, and they need to absorb emotion to renew it, lest they wither and die; better they give her someone else's suffering (a strong emotion) than their own. At one point, I seem to remember basically saying that the DE worshiped Slaanesh. Some folks here "corrected" me, and I think I saw some Incubi in my yard, prowling.

If the DE actually DID directly aide Slaanesh, beyond I personally believe that she might "go a little easy" on them, so that they'll keep doing things she likes, I believe that the Harlequins wouldn't continue to come to their aide, as they fight CHAOS, and might even become hostile. As beings who reside in the Webway, the DE should make every effort NOT to piss off those who know the most about it.

#22 Amazing Larry

Amazing Larry

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

I think it's more a matter of their behavior feeding Slaanesh regardless of the intent, they have to feed on psychic energy to not die but in so doing they have to behave in such a way that ultimately benefits Slaanesh to some degree.

It's kind of like Khorne in the sene that even when you kill his followers he still benefits he still enjoys it, and now that he exists he'll probably always exist because so long as two kids are fighting in a schoolyard and one splits the other's lip there will always be a Khorne.

#23 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

If the DE actually DID directly aide Slaanesh, beyond I personally believe that she might "go a little easy" on them, so that they'll keep doing things she likes, I believe that the Harlequins wouldn't continue to come to their aide, as they fight CHAOS, and might even become hostile. As beings who reside in the Webway, the DE should make every effort NOT to piss off those who know the most about it.

If you haven't read the Soul Drinkers series, I strongly recommend reading the Soul Drinkers series. In related news, the third book in the series features a group of Dark Eldar who have decided to worship Slaanesh, and have a plan to win her favour. Now go read the book and this will either validate and/or deny your theory.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#24 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

If you haven't read the Soul Drinkers series, I strongly recommend reading the Soul Drinkers series. In related news, the third book in the series features a group of Dark Eldar who have decided to worship Slaanesh, and have a plan to win her favour. Now go read the book and this will either validate and/or deny your theory.

Oh, how I cannot foresee this ending in any other way than violent sado-sexual abuse on a deified level.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#25 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Yep, Eldar.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS