Net Damage - Random Discard?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Buatha

Buatha

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I've scanned the 12 pages here and didn't see anyone ask this question, so it's either a dumb question or I'm reading it correctly.

Is it really random or does the Runner simply choose two cards to discard?

To me, random means I shuffle my hand, keep the cards facedown, then select two cards.

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Don't check the boards, check the rulebook. On page 20:

Net damage: The Runner randomly trashes one card from 
his grip for each point of net damage done to him.

Random means random. So you can do the shuffle-and-pick method, or roll a die, or whatever seems good to you.

Edited by radiskull, 26 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#3 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Any sufficient method of randomisation will do - I usually shuffle, turn face-down and let the corp player choose the cards. That way I'm also eliminating any accusations of card-counting.

#4 Buatha

Buatha

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Don't check the boards, check the rulebook. On page 20:

Net damage: The Runner randomly trashes one card from 
his grip for each point of net damage done to him.

Random means random. So you can do the shuffle-and-pick method, or roll a die, or whatever seems good to you.

Well, yeah, that's where I got the word 'random' :)

I'm sorry, but the rules were taking painstaking detail with the Corporation's hand dealing with a Runner choosing the cards when attacking HQ, yet didn't really say much about the Runner player doing the random thing for Net/Meat damange.  I figured it was just that, but I had to ask to be sure.  I know one of my friends will ask about it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS