Pistols in Meele

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PencilBoy99

PencilBoy99

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Is my reading of the rules correct that using a pistol in melee gives you a +20 BS to hit (point blank) but prevents you from parrying. There's no other penalties

#2 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm not sure you get the point blank bonus when you're firing in a melee. It certainly counts as point blank for stuff like Scatter but I'm not sure you get the BS bonus - otherwise why would anyone ever use a sword?

#3 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm certain you don't get a point blank range bonus if you're locked in melee.

#4 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm certain you don't get a point blank range bonus if you're locked in melee.

This is correct. I'm not sure where I read this- I think it might have been in a FAQ post- but I know that I did read it.

#5 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

You get no range bonuses in melee and can only fire single shot.

I'm pretty sure you don't benefit from sights either (?).

#6 Traejun

Traejun

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

I feel like the pistol rules for melee in DH are retarded.  In my games, I allow burst and full out when engaged in melee, but no point blank rule.  I also make the shot dodge and parry-able with a +10. 

#7 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I feel like the pistol rules for melee in DH are retarded.  In my games, I allow burst and full out when engaged in melee, but no point blank rule.  I also make the shot dodge and parry-able with a +10. 

This makes melee weapons pointless. A pistol firing a burst will usually do about the same damage and will get a bonus to hit and will get extra hits. Except for ammo issues, there is no reason to carry a sword or suchlike.

This issue is dealt with in BC and OW, but in DH it makes melee weapons superfluous.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 01 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#8 Traejun

Traejun

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Deleted

Edited by Traejun, 01 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#9 SgtOddity

SgtOddity

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I believe you also get a penalty if you are using the pistol in your off hand and you do not have the "Ambidextrous" Talent.

In the end its up to the GM to assess the situation and give bonuses or penalties accordingly as every situation and PC differs. 

"For in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war."

#10 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

No range nor semi-auto fire is doable in melee; see it as firing from the hip instead of actually extending your arm out and looking down the sights, relying more on hand/eye coordination than actual aiming.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS