Looking for DM or Group

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jflow

Jflow

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

It seems the player finder is dead as I have not seen anything moving there so I am putting up my advertisement for my friend and I who are looking for a game that is just starting or one already going (preferring a group noob friendly).

We are both fairly new to the Warhammer scene, him more than me. We are avid players of games and have fallen in love (so to speak) with it. I have played a few games of Deathwatch myself along with a few table top battles.

We are looking for a game that would involve a voice program such as skype to play the game, the time frame would be friday-sunday for available days as he is in Germany and coordinating times would be more difficult during the week.

We would both prefer a game both involving a decent amount narrative as well as combat.

Our ideas of characters range from assault, devastator, scout/sniper and tactical. Myself preferring a Space Wolf Assault  or Dark Angel Scout/Sniper (using a tactical marine setup and deploying with a sniper rifle or silenced bolter).

We both look forward to any replies.

Edited by Jflow, 26 September 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#2 Leo71

Leo71

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well, I'm planing on making a Compaign on Roll20 :D 

#3 Jflow

Jflow

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

I signed up on Roll20 and will get the other guy to also.

#4 Jflow

Jflow

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Might have a 3rd also

#5 Leo71

Leo71

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Could you give me your emails?

#6 blazingsquirrel

blazingsquirrel

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

I might be interested in joining. I'm available after 7 PST if that works for you guys.

EDIT: 7 pm PST and that's on weekdays to be more clear. Also to see what my options are, would you allow Grey Knights in the game seeing as how apparently FFG explains it by saying there's a Strike Cruiser full of Grey Knights in the Jericho Reach who's being led by a bro of a Justicar who's apparently cool with lending out a GK to help out the Deathwatch.

Edited by blazingsquirrel, 30 September 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#7 Leo71

Leo71

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Well, the thing in my game is, we are not going to be in Jericho Reach(Minor spoiler) But, there is a reason for a Grey knight to be in a squad in my plot line, so Yes, I welcome thee :D Just register on roll20 and send me your email :D 

#8 blazingsquirrel

blazingsquirrel

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

If we need another player, I may have one that might be interested.

EDIT: Questions that came up while discussing with potential 5th player. How will the GM verify stat rolls and are custom chapters using Rites of Battle/Honour the Chapter allowed?

Edited by blazingsquirrel, 30 September 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#9 Leo71

Leo71

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Anything goes, as long as it's not something like Hello Kitty Super FUN Chapter. I wouldn't mind if people rolled for themselves, but only if they don't overpower themselves. They can give an Automatic 50 to one characteristic. 

#10 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

You can make the rolls on Roll20 and they are kept in the chat archive so noone can "cheat".  If they roll elsewhere, who is to verify that they didn't "cherry pick" their stats and such?  You can also set up Macro's for use during the game, like weapons rolls, leadership tests and so on.  It's a great tool for a GM and you can reveal or hide things as much or as little as you want.  For instance, you can PM the Psyker in the KT only to reveal something only he would be able to sense or know and let the player decide when or how to inform the rest of the squad or use the info.  It IS an RPG after all....

#11 Lost In Frost

Lost In Frost

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Is this group looking for more? Has anyone dropped or something?

#12 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

www.invisiblecastle.com is also a great resource to prevent `cheating.` Although anyone who cheats should be kicked squarely in the neck.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS