Columbus Ohio Groups

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 SithAssassin75

SithAssassin75

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

I am very interested in picking this game up, but before I did I wanted to see if there are any groups or nights people get together?

#2 romo

romo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

I am in Columbus.  I get together with another player every now and then on Thursday (or whatever night happens to work) at Packrat Comics in Hilliard, but both of our work schedules are kind of variable so it doesn't happen every week.  I also know another guy who tends to work nights but I've met him on a Sunday afternoon at the Guardtower.  I don't think there are any real game nights happening here regularly, although I'd love to be involved with one also, as much as my schedule allows.  If you'd like to meet up sometime and learn the game I'd be glad to show you.

• SithAssassin75 likes this

#3 SithAssassin75

SithAssassin75

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

that would be awesome. I'm going to buy the core set and one maybe two expansions. What would be the best options to get just so I could learn and be somewhat dangerous?

• romo likes this

#4 romo

romo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Well, I think the best way to be have the cards for competitive decks for both sides would be to get 2x Core and 2x Edge of Darkness.  There are a lot of good cards in the Hoth Cycle, but unless you really want to make a speeder or walker deck, you can hold off on those until you figure out which cards you need to supplement your decks.

#5 SithAssassin75

SithAssassin75

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Ok. Cool thanks. someone else also suggested balance of the force decks. Do you work retail?

#6 romo

romo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

No I do not.  Also, Balance of the Force will probably not be released for a couple weeks yet.

Edited by romo, 27 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#7 SithAssassin75

SithAssassin75

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

I bought 1 core set, 1 edge of darkness set, and the desolation of hoth. I am going to be out of town until next week for work. I would be interested in trying to get together when I get back.

#8 romo

romo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Good deal.  PM sent.

#9 lohkabre

lohkabre

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hey, romo, I've got my license back, so I can meet up wherever now! Anyway, There have got to be more players in Columbus! I'd like to find a place to set up an official sanctioned night so we can all start getting promos and kits and stuff. What we may need to do is go to some card stores and start pushing it on people so they know just how awesome this game is!

• romo likes this

#10 romo

romo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hey, romo, I've got my license back, so I can meet up wherever now! Anyway, There have got to be more players in Columbus! I'd like to find a place to set up an official sanctioned night so we can all start getting promos and kits and stuff. What we may need to do is go to some card stores and start pushing it on people so they know just how awesome this game is!

Nice!  I've been meaning to give you a call one of these days but I've had a lot of extra stuff going on lately.  Not much time for cards.  Definitely need to get some regular stuff happening at a store.  And I need to playtest for worlds.

#11 TheErthafein

TheErthafein

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

As Romo said, we've been trying to make it somewhat regular on Thursday evenings at Packrat.  Schedules don't always allow it.  I've know the guy who owns Packrat since we were in high school.  It's a great place and they welcome us there with open arms.  They's be happy to support us if we can drum up the interest.

I can't make it this week, but I will definitely be there next Thursday night. (10/10)  

Here's their website if you want to check them out.  They have great table space for gaming and a great selection of games and comics.

http://packratcomics.com/

#12 TheErthafein

TheErthafein

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Just a quick reminder.  I'll be heading over to packrat about 6 if anyone else is interested.

#13 oofalong

oofalong

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I just picked up this game over the weekend. While I am not sure I am ready for organized play, I'll check back in here to see if your Thursday night sessions are still going on at Packrat when I am. Thanks.

#14 TheErthafein

TheErthafein

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

You're never not ready for "organized play."  Right now, it's just casual games for fun and practice.  I'll be heading to Packrat again tomorrow around 6 if you want to play a game or 2.

#15 oofalong

oofalong

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

I meant more that I have only played about 10 games and always only as the Light Side. Before I'd want to venture out I want to make sure I know what I am doing. In any event, I am targeting a November appearance as I will be traveling for work the next few Thursday nights.

#16 TheErthafein

TheErthafein

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Just a reminder...

I'll be heading to Packrat today around 6PM for some games if others want to join in the fun.

#17 TheErthafein

TheErthafein

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

After a couple of weeks off, we'll be back at it tomorrow evening at Packrat Comics in Hilliard.  I'll be there arounf 6PM

#18 tjregis2

tjregis2

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

i just got the star wars lcg was wondering if you all play on Thursdays at the Packrat Comics and if so what is a good time to be there to get some game in

#19 TheErthafein

TheErthafein

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Romo and I play often on Thursdays. The holidays have throw a monkey wench into that lately.  I usually get there around 6, but could get there as earlier.  I'll be there tomorrow if you want to stop by.

#20 tjregis2

tjregis2

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

ok I will show up there it is a drive for me so I don't want to drive out there if know one is there cause it is a bit of a drive for me  thanks for letting me know

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS