PLAY BY POST: New to the game? Play a quick encounter

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Greenspectre

Greenspectre

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I really enjoyed this! I've had the game for about a month, but been haven't really found the time to read the rules.  It really seems like it would be more fun in real time.  I can't really seem to find anyone looking for a roll20/google hangouts game session.  Thanks again for the time and patience you took to walk us through this.  

#62 brrak

brrak

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

From the brink of death to the finest (or loudest) tavern in all Reikland, Jan-Eric happily tells the horrific tale of ambush and peril to anyone who cares to listen. He drinks another round with the survivors of the ill-fated caravan and wonder if perhaps the time has come for him to seek out adventure and riches and leave behind the relative safety of his duties as a local watchman.

Emirikol, thanks for running this little adventure. It was lots of fun. If you plan on running any more play by post scenarios I'll want to participate. It was very helpful to run through the rules with an experienced hand and an excellent introduction to the game.

Thanks again!

#63 Desalus

Desalus

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Jay, thanks for putting this together and for your assistance helping us newbies. It was a fun adventure, and it definitely gave me a better feel for how the rules work (especially the unique dice pool mechanic). I really enjoy how dice rolls are more than a pass/fail check, but I suppose that makes GMing a little more difficult since you have to interpret each dice roll.

With the success of Edge of the Empire, I hope more players will take a closer look at WFRP 3e. What would be great is if FFG produced a beginner box for interested players so they could try out the game for $20-$30 instead of the $70-100 core box. I'm pretty sure the beginner box for Edge of the Empire definitely helped to draw a lot of prospective players into giving it a try, so it would only make since for FFG to do the same with WFRP 3e (unless they've already abandoned it).

#64 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

They didn't abandon it, but they don't have any intention of making their beginner/core box any cheaper (sadly).

Thanks for playing and let me know if you have any other questions about the game.

Best,

jh

#65 tcrudisi

tcrudisi

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

Are there any plans to run another one of these? Or heck, even the same thing? (I promise I won't read it!) 

I played my first session of this just a couple of days ago and things went ... well, none of us are familiar with the game, including the DM. Upon reading the rules, I've realized that we are butchering the system very badly, so I'd like to learn the game properly. I'm all for house-rules and table variation, but I feel like the game should be played RAW first, so I'd really like to learn it properly.

#66 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I don't have possible time to devote to another one this year, but perhaps someone else could step up.  Another option is you could try out a virtual tabletop session here:  http://ffgvirtualrpg.prediger.at/

You could also inquire at the Google+ Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition group too.

Best,

jh

#67 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

BTW, I'm running this again currently for new GMs in the GMs forums.

NOTICE:  I'm running Eye for an Eye and there are complete spoilers.  It is more of a walk-

through with some "assumptions", but if you want to learn how to run the game, take a look.

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS