Regarding Eldred: Since he was successful in finding shelter overnight, he heals his toughness in wounds, so that is wound is healed up today. Normally there is no effect from wounds until they become criticals (as you can see from the backs of the wound cards).
You guys haven't declared if you are going to enter combat yet, but here's how COMBAT works:
REPORTING YOUR COMBAT ACTIONS ON PLAY BY POST
Use your rulebook and just walk through your steps. Indicate the following:
- STANCE: If you shift your stance (more reckless or conservative)..and if you spend stress to shift an extra one in the same round (maximum is how ever many you have available for your character).
- MANEUVER: If you move into combat (engaged and with which enemy), or do any other maneuvers (see maneuver list in your rulebook). Some skill checks are free actions. Some require a "maneuver" to pull off.
- ACTION: What your Action will be (for example: Run up and make a Melee strike vs the goblin)
- DICE RESULTS
- Don't forget to remove one recharge from your action at the end of your turn. (example: if you have an ability that takes 4 rounds to get into position to use again, when you finish your current turn of using it, it goes down to a 3).
Here's how you put your dice pools together:
(For example: Run up and make a melee strike vs. the goblin)
- BLUE: Blue dice equal to characteristic (strength for melee, agility for ranged)
- YELLOW: yellow die if Trained in Weapon Skill (or ballistic skill if ranged attack)
- PURPLE: Always 1 purple die for combat difficulty.
- MONSTER DEFENSE SCORE: 1 black die because of the goblin's DEFENSE score. Other monsters listed below.
- STANCE: Exchange one blue die for each stance shift either red or green (if you shift your stance).
- DARKNESS: 3 black dice because it's really dark in the woods and barely light yet
Example: Strength 4 blue, untrained (no bonus yellow), 1 red reckless (exchange for 1 blue), 3 black for darkness, 1 black for monster defense..and always 1 purple for base combat difficulty.
Other Optional Dice:
- SPECIALIZATIONS: 1 white die IF you have a specialization in a particular weapon: If any of you have a specialization in your particular weapon skill (example: if you have weapon skill specialized for great weapon and you're using a great sword).
- FORTUNE POINTS: If and when you decide to use these, they are worth 1 white each. Declare them before you roll.
- SPECIAL ACTIONS: Your special action card might have a variable difficulty as listed on the card in the upper left hand corner. Some tricks are just harder to pull off than others.
- CHARACTERISTIC FORTUNE DICE: As you advance, you can gain characteristic fortune dice. You don't have any of these yet.
Other than that, there's no worrying about massive charts and variables, but the GM can add white or black dice on the fly. It's narrative after all. Make your action and declare according to your results
MONSTER DEFENSE DICE (black misfortune dice)
Goblin: Defense 1 black
Snotling: zero defense
Small Squig: 1 defense
INFLUENCING an opponent works in a very similar way except instead of inflicting wounds, you're trying to get them to do something
Edited by Emirikol, 26 September 2013 - 03:57 PM.