I'm going to host a PLAY BY POST beginners encounter to teach the basics of WFRP3 game. Ask any questions you like. Anyone else on the boards is free to chime in to ask questions or make comments (as long as you reference a rule-page in the books). Join at any time, preferably at the beginning Just tell me you're interested and tell me which character you are playing.
- A character: Make your own or Grab a pre-generated character from either Day Late, Shilling Short or Liber Fanatica 7. Also get your special abilities in order: Talents, Basic Actions, Advanced Actions, Career Ability Card, and Career Sheet. You can use cards, the player's guide, or write them down on a sheet.
- The rules (core set, the player's guide, or a rules summary)
How do you post?
We get around to responding as we are able (maybe twice a day). Ask any questions you need along the way. You post both your in-character and out-of-character comments in the SAME POST. IN-CHARACTER comments should be in quotation marks. EXAMPLE: Rredclaw argues: "Birgitta, I think you're nuts for waiting for reinforcements. Those things are coming for us tonight."
How do you post your dice rolls?
Use this website. Copy and paste the results of your rolls in text at the bottom.
Example: REDCLAW ROLLS HIS ATHLETICS: Rolled: 3 Characteristic, 1 Conservative, 1 Expertise, 1 Fortune, 1 Challenge, 3 Misfortune Result: 2 Successes, 1 Boon
Here's what we'll cover:
- How to use the basic and advanced actions. Download the SUMMARY SHEET from the FFG support page. It has all the "basic" actions on one sheet so you don't have cards all over the place.
- Social interaction rules (i.e. how to "influence" an npc)
- Non-combat skill checks
- Brief combat
- Any Q&A you need
"About an hour ago, you and your group were ambushed by goblins on the Old Dwarf Road just south of Talabheim. The Greenskins' superior numbers resulted in several of your allies being killed or captured, and all of your rations and horses were taken. Your route back to Talabheim has been cut off and you've been forced to head south to Wurtbad on foot. This portion of the Great Forest is dark, hilly, and the road has not been well-tended. Its raining and you're legs burn from fleeing the goblins."
What to do now?
1. Tell us your character name, race, and why he was headed to Wurtbad in the first place.
2. You begin with 3 Fatigue leftover from your previous battle and running away. Mark that on your character sheet.
3. Next, look at your PERFORM STUNT basic action card. Your character is running on pure adrenaline away from the Goblins and we'll just gauge how he's doing by the effects on that card. Make a (2d purple) Resilience skill check to see how you're doing. Your dice stack is made up of those dice below. Click them into the dice program, hit roll, and post the text of your dice results (as well as any color commentary you want
- Blue dice equal to your Toughness characteristic
- Yellow dice equal to the number of check marks you have next to the skill "Resilience."
- 2 Purple dice (this is the difficulty of the check)
- If you fail your check, you are forced to stop running and suffer 1 fatigue. If you get a chaos star, you twist your ankle in a hole in the road and suffer a wound. We will adjudicate any other effects.