Me and the gang really like Warhammer 40K and Fantasy, and being able to roleplay in its glorious Universe is a Emperor sent blessing...
But sometimes we feel like playing humans, all the time, is just a little bit lacklustering. Especcially when we all know there are so many cool races out there in the galaxy to purge, I mean play.
To cut short: Please, why not release an edition where you can actually play more then just humans. LIke this little list?
- Abhumans: Descendants of humans, modified in various ways by mutation and the environmental conditions on the planets on which they have evolved.
- Beastmen: A human subspecies characterized by bestial features, normally heads and legs.
- Ogryn: A human subspecies characterized by larger muscles and smaller brains.
- Ratling: A subspecies of human who are short and specialize in sniping.
- Barghesi: Aggressive race near the Grendl stars. No other data is known.
- Caradochian: Winged race often appearing as mercenaries.
- Chuffian: Use a characteristic Power Maul weapon. No other data is known.
- C'tan: The race that doomed the Necrontyr to live eternally as machines (Necrons).
- Demiurg: A race of short humanoids, allied with the Tau. May or may not be related to Squats.
- Deamon: Foul creatures made entirely of Warp material. The favourite servants of the Chaos Gods.
- Drugh: Large larval invertebrates with advanced psionic capability. Stem from the world of Pyrus I.
- Enslavers: Parasitical warp-based lifeforms that look for psychic hosts to transform into living Warp portals.
- Galg: Green, scaled, frog-like creatures rumored to be Tau-allies.
- Galthite: Xenos from the Oenorian Inner Systems.
- Hrud: A race of near-invisible scavenger aliens who infest several areas of the galaxy. Commonly considered to be little more than vermin.
- Jokaero: Resemble orangutans. They are famous for their instinctive technical brilliance.
- Kathap: A race using what appears to be organic weaponry.
- Khrave: Alien mind-eaters.
- K'Nib: Described as "festering clawed fiends", have 10 limbs.
- Kroot: Reptilian hunter species allied with the Tau.
- Lacrymole: A race of shape-shifters.
- Loxatl: Amphibian quadrupeds who communicate through infrasound. Grey-skinned and foul-smelling. They are known to smell like rancid milk and mint.
- Nicassar: A psychic race allied with the Tau.
- Necrontyr: The race that became the Necrons.
- Nekulli: Little known about the Nekulli race, apart from their Whisperlance technology.
- Old Ones: An ancient race who fought the C'tan.
- Psy-Gore: From Perseus; makers of crystalline firearms.
- Q'Orl: An insectoid species, whose empire is centered on the swarmworld of Loqiit.
- Scythian: Martial species devoted to the art of combat.
- Slann: An ancient reptilian species, connected to the Old Ones.
- Stryxis: Nomadic creatures said to resemble a humanoid canine embryo, with no young or gender differences ever reported. Voracious traders, their culture is eccentric and obscure, although they despise the Eldar.
- Tallerian: Reptiloid mercenary allies of the Tau.
- Thyrrus: A squid-like race with color-changing skin.
- Umbra: A species of floating spheres with a hard, black carapace.
- Vespid: Winged insectoids allied with the Tau.
- Viskeon: Huge, muscled humanoid creatures, when part of their body is cut off, a fetus forms from it, feeding off its nutrients to eventually become a fully formed Viskeon.
- Xenarch: An isolationist, Warp-worshiping species from the Galactic north.
- Yu'vath: A race of warp-worshipping sorcerer-slavers from the Koronus Expanse, apparently annihilated in the 39th millennium during the Angevin Crusade, although remnants of their empire persist.
- Zoat: Large, strange, centaur-like creatures that were conquered by the Tyranids. The Zoats were used as a slave race for the hive mind and its followers, and many revolts by the Zoats (brutally put down by the Tyranids) led to the near extinction of their race. Eradicated by the Imperium upon their arrival in Human space.
I know it is a copy/paste from Wikipedia - but it just shines to the possibilities then just play a human. All the time.