Vehicles

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Is there a particular reason vehicles in BC are treated as creatures? 

Edited by Brother Orpheo, 18 September 2013 - 08:21 PM.

=][=

#2 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Umm... like daemon engines? (because they are really living creatures...err....... more or less)

or just regular vehicles? or spaceships? (which i do not know which book contains then.... maybe possessed vehicles)

Edited by Athanatosz, 18 September 2013 - 10:36 PM.

"I am determined to prove a villain

And hate the idle pleasures of these days."

KING RICHARD III

#3 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Tanks, trucks, cars, shuttles, void ships.

Currently, mounted combat is the only place I can find examples of vehicles (bikes, cobbled-together jet skis, etc). I'm only asking because it seems a complete shame to not have vehicle rules be an integral part of this setting.

A glaring example shows itself in the Pirate Prince of the Ragged Helix. They have asteroids connected by atmosphere bridges? So? Do they or do they not get a void ship? 

=][=

#4 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

well i personally use rouge trader for space ships, and only war to other vehicles (mainly ground) backed up with deathwatch.....

if you looking for reason maybe because these line cover vehicles more or less...i guess also we then lightly motivated to buy them to... 

Edited by Athanatosz, 19 September 2013 - 01:09 PM.

KING RICHARD III

#5 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

There haven't really been any general vehicles in BC yet. Daemon Engines aren't really vehicles in the traditional sense and the bike rules in Tome of Blood cover small-scale vehicles - beyond that there aren't any stats for any actual vehicle types*, so it's not a case of BC treating vehicles like creatures but a case of BC not having any vehicle rules.

BYE

*The one exception you could call is the Helbrute in Tome of Excess, but again, there aren't any general BC vehicle rules, so I wrote it as a creature.

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#6 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

The one exception you could call is the Helbrute in Tome of Excess, but again, there aren't any general BC vehicle rules, so I wrote it as a creature.

It's a walking, vaguely humanoid thing with two arms, anyway, so 'creature' rules aren't exactly inappropriate.

We can hope that - since it should contain Iron Warriors - the Tome of Decay might have vehicle rules in.

#7 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well  Dreadnought's are like a bastard child... Can be both but really none of it....

also i think there is a ritual (or could be one hoping to next tome) to bound daemons to vehicles...

KING RICHARD III

#8 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Well there's a ritual for creating Daemon Engines in Tome of Fate. Rite of Binding I think. Or Bonding. One of the two.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#9 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Yes, yes that one so basically we can make any vehicles, armor (not a safe idea tough), or weapon daemon bonded....

which is more or less an autopilot with some attitude issues.... 

KING RICHARD III

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS