Black Riders - Hard!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 koriakin97

koriakin97

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

I managed to beat campaign mode with not even single burden from flight to the ford(2 players).

#62 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yesterday played with my wife the "shadow of the past" and "Knife in the Dark" both succesfully, yet again we had problem to win Shadow of the Past needing three attempts. On the other hand we went over Knife in the Dark pretty easily. 

After we win the Fight to the Ford we will try the campaign mode 

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#63 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Tried it with my wife, first attempt on first quest. Second round, believe it or not, ALL five Nazguls where on the staging area ... no luck on this game

I would believe it!

Played for the first time last night, (solo with all hobbit deck based on Tracker1's, rather cool, attachment heavy deck)... 4 Nazgul in the stage area by the 4th round - where a hide test was promptly failed... game two lasted three more rounds... before a horde of Black things on horses again found some exhausted hobbits (I think that I was incorrectly giving myself extra hide tests when Black riders were added in the Staging area or engaged me - just to make things more fun).  

Won the third game... this is favorite adventure/quest/theme/everything lotr lcg currently!!

Edited by chuckles, 25 November 2013 - 08:27 PM.

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#64 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Actually the first quests Is really hard compare to others....
second quest have a trick: doesn't matter what dont shuffle rhe nazguls and you will be fine.
And the last quest is not problem at all.
for solo BR is quite easy if you have a good deck and now how to play it. But is only start..... you get a burdens and maybe some heroes will die and there is a long way to Mordor. I love compaign idea just we need the second box to see the really value of compaign rules.....

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#65 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Have we heard anything about the second LOTR saga box?
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#66 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Only thing I can think of is the name of the box... The Road Darkens, I think?

#67 Boris_the_Dwarf

Boris_the_Dwarf

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

The BR box set is hands down the best LotR LCG product released to date, in my opinion. It's quite possibly one of the best expansion products ever put out for any game.

#68 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Only thing I can think of is the name of the box... The Road Darkens, I think?

Yes, I remember reading that somewhere as well.  Not much in the way of other information has been released for it yet.  I find myself wondering what new heroes will come with this next saga box that covers the 2nd half of Fellowship.  We already have two Aragorn's and two Boromir's, so I do find it unlikely to get a third of either one before we get a 2nd of another hero such as Gimli or Legolas. 

#69 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Allies. We need ally versions of the Fellowship members. (Sans Gandalf.)
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#70 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Allies. We need ally versions of the Fellowship members. (Sans Gandalf.)

I second that. Ally versions of some heroes would be great, but i think it is unlikely we will get many if any. It would satisfy the solo deck builder to get all fellowship members into one deck, but I think the designers lean more towards synergies between 2 or more decks, so assuming we can have 2 decks with 6 of the fellowship heroes already +Gandalf ally, and the set will probably also come with another Frodo hero, so between 2 decks you get 8 characters from the Fellowship. Which means we might see at least one member of the fellowship become an ally.

I think we also have to consider that these boxes are designed for a player to only have the Core set and probably BR. So with those sets we already have all hobbits asuming frodo will be objective hero again. We also have Leogolas, Gimili, and Aragorn from the core as well as Gandalf ally. The only missing member is Boromir, so it is possible we will see him again as either ally or hero. Ally would be cool, but I would not be so happy to see him as a hero again.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#71 Boris_the_Dwarf

Boris_the_Dwarf

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Tom Bombadil

#72 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

finally got around to getting black riders... I have to say that while I do not think it is overly hard the box is extremely good. I think it adds some really cool new player cards and opens a bunch of new decks as well as making some fun thematic decks actually viable for more hardcore players.

I would rate this as one of the better expansions and easily the best saga expansion.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS