Photo

Top Tier Gaming's Star Wars LCG OCTGN League - Starts Sept. 30th!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

8xAZupB.png

Play Star Wars LCG on OCTGN between September 30, 2013 and December 23, 2013 and you can win prizes.

Details can be found from the link below:

Edited by JMCB, 17 September 2013 - 02:37 PM.

Top Tier Gaming, a fan website dedicated to X-Wing Miniatures and Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/jmcb1001

#2 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

22 people signed up so far. If I get 60 active players I'll throw in more prizes.

Top Tier Gaming, a fan website dedicated to X-Wing Miniatures and Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com

#3 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

27 people signed up! Lets keep it going! League starts on Monday!!!

#4 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

Alright, event has finished and the results are in. Due to a discrepancy, Albatar21 has been disqualified from the league, making Leeroy and Red5CCG our winner and 2nd Place for the event.

And as for the discrepancy, I had another user tell me that they noticed suspicious activity on his account after I closed it out, so I checked it out and Albatar21's account shared IP addresses with multiple opponents in the league. He's saying its his friends, but it was convenient that he only lost one game out of the many that they played and for that I decided to disqualify him (also his friends never used the site besides the initial sign-up so I have no way to disprove it wasn't cheating). I also did google searches on the usernames and nothing came up on them except for the Top Tier League. Was I in the right? Who knows? I think I did the right thing (especially since then afterwards he decides to insult me and making accusations that I have something against French people, which is entirely not true).

On a positive note, we had 72 players registered for the event, and over 50 active players. We will be starting up the league again shortly, and I think it will make some good practice for the upcoming store championships. I also think next league will be shorter in duration, as towards the end interest started dwindling down. 

#5 albatar21

albatar21

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

Alright, event has finished and the results are in. Due to a discrepancy, Albatar21 has been disqualified from the league, making Leeroy and Red5CCG our winner and 2nd Place for the event.

And as for the discrepancy, I had another user tell me that they noticed suspicious activity on his account after I closed it out, so I checked it out and Albatar21's account shared IP addresses with multiple opponents in the league. He's saying its his friends, but it was convenient that he only lost one game out of the many that they played and for that I decided to disqualify him (also his friends never used the site besides the initial sign-up so I have no way to disprove it wasn't cheating). I also did google searches on the usernames and nothing came up on them except for the Top Tier League. Was I in the right? Who knows? I think I did the right thing (especially since then afterwards he decides to insult me and making accusations that I have something against French people, which is entirely not true).

On a positive note, we had 72 players registered for the event, and over 50 active players. We will be starting up the league again shortly, and I think it will make some good practice for the upcoming store championships. I also think next league will be shorter in duration, as towards the end interest started dwindling down. 

below what i said on top tier forum before Jarrett (JMCB) block me from his forum, i never insult him, just say that he don't like french guy, he prefer make win his friend. I was thinking that US was a freedom contry like french, but some guy think they can use moderator power to make censore.

You say that i'm a cheater, but i say that you are not a good admin, and it's not the first time you try to discourage me.

You disquilify me, because after 11 december, i play only with french friend. As you know, it was hard to find player in december, as red5ccg say himself in the top tier forum

I hope that worked! I always have trouble finding league opponents online when I am... It would be a shame if it were because nobody could get octgn to load :-)

So i have decided to ask my personnal friend when they come at my home to play to register on top tier, in order to find some player on octgn. That's why you find that on your website all the 3 friends inscription have the same IP adress. (if anyone want to cheat, sur he will change the ipadress for the fishy account, i'm not a dummy)

you sai in PM

None of the other players from your group played anyone except each other.

It's just that I, and other players, consider things like this shady. I don't want to discourage players from participating in the future, and stuff like this does that. You and your friends are still welcomed to participate in future leagues - but I have to draw a line on this sort of thing

I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Jarrett

Sure i don't understand, because i don't break the tournament rules, just impossible to me to find other player due to the jet lag. So i play with my friend, and sure my friend don't play with oother player because they don't see anyone in december. As you can see, Leeroy play more than 107 game, and he never play after 8 november, i consider things like this shady, but he have the right to do this. If you don't want french player in your league, just say it.

I'm sorry, but I'm not reversing my ruling on the matter, as its just too conspicuous that you have three other accounts from the same IP address all registered. .... I have no proof these are your friends or if you just made these accounts up.

you say that you have no proof in PM, so why without proof, You disquilify me. Only to not discourage players from participating in the future, so you can just change the rules for the next tournament, but i haven't cheated for this one. And you were going pretty fast to disquilify me without any explanation from me, it's a shame in a democratic contry like USA or French.

It's not the first time i have problem with you, as you know, i won 2 match against Bazeleel player, and he disappear from board before i can report the match. I had sent you the printscreen as you ask me. I loose approximativly 45 point du to this problem, and you haven't do anything for this, other players have say it's easy to create a dummy bazeleel to report it, but you never do anything, your quick answer was you can't do anything, but it's false.

You say that it is suspicious i win match against my friends, but as you can see on the challenge board, i win 11 match streak against US player, and i do the same against my friend. 

What i find suspicious is that now, red5ccg come into the 2nd place, and this guy is a moderator on top tier website, so it's your friend, it will be a motive to disquilify me. 

You try to find my friend on google, but if i check all username registered in your league, i don't find 30% of them.

if i repeat : 
1) you quickly decide to never give me bazeleel match, even other player says that it's easy for you to fix this problem
2) you quickly disquilify me, without waiting my explantion, it was impossible to defend me, you have judge me and say i'm a cheater on your forum before i can answer you in private message
3) you censored me on your top tier forum, and block me in order i can't tell the truth to other people, that your top tier league is a fake tournament. 

Why i do this, because in french, people don't like injustice. You judge me as cheater and put it on official forum without any process, and after when i tried to defend myself, you censored me. This is not democratic method, but it's seems dictator method. 

I hope people have the 2 version of the problem now, and everyone could have his own opinion.

#6 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

FYI its not a democratic nor dictatorship government, it's a private website and my property. I can ban people for causing problems from it however I see fit. I didn't even initially ban you:

I put a temp lock on your account because you keep saying things like "I have something against French people" which is simply not true. Once you stop saying things like that, I'll reconsider unlocking your account.

I don't even have anything against you. I just saw a person with multiple accounts registered at the same IP and so I disqualified you from the competition (which is also against the terms of service of the site). 

As for posting it on the FFG boards, go ahead - it won't do anything except maybe get you banned there as well for spamming.

I never gave the points from baz's game because it would affect too much (as your future wins and losses depend on those points being added at the correct time). Its an ELO system and you can't just add points.

As for this league, you have three accounts registered under the same IP address. It looks shady and I don't know if they are your friends or if they are just made up accounts (I'm thinking the later). Its very suspicious and because your friends only won one game against you (very convient) it makes it even more so. So for those reasons I decided to disqualify you, and whether you agree with that or not I'm sticking with my decision. I offered you some alternate arts in good faith but since you decided to pout on the forums about it, consider that offer revoked as well.

I don't care who wins the league as long as they don't do anything to cheat or boost their numbers. Having multiple accounts on the same IP address is one of those things - I can't prove or disprove that's cheating, but in my personal opinion I think it is.

Edited by JMCB, 04 January 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#7 albatar21

albatar21

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

I didn't initially ban you:

I put a temp lock on your account because you keep saying things like "I have something against French people" which is simply not true. Once you stop saying things like that, I'll reconsider unlocking your account.

I don't even have anything against you. I just saw a person with multiple accounts registered at the same IP and so I disqualified you from the competition (which is also against the terms of service of the site). 

As for posting it on the FFG boards, go ahead - it won't do anything except maybe get you banned there as well for spamming.
I never gave the points from baz's game because it would affect too much (as your future wins and losses depend on those points being added at the correct time). Its an ELO system and you can't just add points.

As for this league, you have three accounts registered under the same IP address. It looks shady and I don't know if they are your friends or if they are just made up accounts (I'm thinking the later). Its very suspicious and because your friends only won one game against you (very convient) it makes it even more so. So for those reasons I decided to disqualify you, and whether you agree with that or not I'm sticking with my decision. I offered you some alternate arts in good faith but since you decided to pout on the forums about it, consider that offer revoked as well.

I don't care who wins the league as long as they don't do anything to cheat or boost their numbers. Having multiple accounts on the same IP address is one of those things - I can't prove or disprove that's cheating, but in my personal opinion I think it is.

Also, this really isn't a place for this.

You have delete my post and block me first, so i can't post on your forum, and after you have ban me when i say in private that i will post on FFG if you don't unlock me.

People know what are your method, i have said my truth, i won't post more about this problem, have fun with your friend and i wil have with mine.

#8 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

I said "Initially" didn't ban you. You're banned now for the repeated harassment in PMs and for spamming the site.

Edited by JMCB, 04 January 2014 - 07:02 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS