Kansas City, MO new player group

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 Blazinga

Blazinga

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'm not sure I will be able to make it Thursday.  Forgot about their game night,  I've never played at Tabletop, are they cool with anyone showing up whenever to use their game room?  Anyway, you guys pick a time and if I can make it, at least to just meet you guys (I've meet you JC),  I will.

Yep. It's just open. Are you still unavailable tonight? If so, tomorrow?

I'm sorry, I had made prior commentments for this week several weeks ago, I tried to get things moved around but it doesn't look like I will be able too. I want to play with you guys but this week just isn't looking good.

#62 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Dang. The 2nd we could have done, I think. The 8th we may not be able to pull off due to prior commitments. Will let you know when I do about any store championships in my area, in case you want to make the trip. Good luck!
The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#63 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Table top games confirmed that they will also have a tournament as well.

#64 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Dang. The 2nd we could have done, I think. The 8th we may not be able to pull off due to prior commitments. Will let you know when I do about any store championships in my area, in case you want to make the trip. Good luck!

Doug, you know I can't wait to play you again and i'll keep you posted on everything going on down here. I've already got two other stores agreeing to store championships.... with any luck i'll get 3 more. Strong base down here, probably 30+ regulars if we all gathered together.

#65 tk8236

tk8236

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

I'm looking to play and live out in Lees Summit but work off of Metcalf so either Tabletop, Pulp Fiction or Gamecafe would work if a group is looking to add another player that's just now learning the game; but I do have ships! I may try to make next Wednesday at Gamecafe to check it out.
  • Kelvan likes this

#66 KCTim

KCTim

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hi gang, newcomer to the thread here, just looking for people in and around KC to play with.  I saw mention of Tabletop off Metcalf, is there any regular game night or following there?

#67 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

I will be going up to limited figures tonight after baseball practice if anyone is interested.

#68 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hi gang, newcomer to the thread here, just looking for people in and around KC to play with.  I saw mention of Tabletop off Metcalf, is there any regular game night or following there?

I could probably meet there every once in a while. With school and baseball season starting my time will be a lot more limited but I'd love to fit in a game whenever I can.

#69 KCTim

KCTim

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

I could probably meet there every once in a while. With school and baseball season starting my time will be a lot more limited but I'd love to fit in a game whenever I can.

That's cool, I'm a ways of from having enough ships to field 100 points or anything.  I put a post on Tabletop's facebook page asking if they had a regular night people got together for X-wing as well, no answer just yet.  i'm the same, with job and home life I don't have a TON of time to play (obviously) but yeah absolutely, I'd love to get to actually play the thing rather than stare longingly at my minis.

#70 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

That's cool, I'm a ways of from having enough ships to field 100 points or anything.  I put a post on Tabletop's facebook page asking if they had a regular night people got together for X-wing as well, no answer just yet.  i'm the same, with job and home life I don't have a TON of time to play (obviously) but yeah absolutely, I'd love to get to actually play the thing rather than stare longingly at my minis.

My friend and I have combined collections so I would have no issue with letting you use a few of mine if we were to meet up. It's almost impossible to rely on stores to set up dates for stuff like this with all the other organizations they have and business they have to keep up with so hopefully someone with enough time will step up a day of the week at Tabletop. If there is good time for you this weekend let me know and I'll see if I can make it up there. I went on Sunday and they were pretty much dead so maybe Sunday at noon? They close at 6 on Sundays so noon or 1 would be preferable.

Does noon on Sunday work for anyone else? Is anyone else interested?

#71 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Went to Limited Figures last night and we had a pretty good turn out of myself and 4 other players including Blazinga. Unfortunately our arrival times were pretty staggered and I was lucky to get in 2 games while others didn't get to play at all. All in all, it was great meeting everybody.

If this wasn't posted before (and I don't recall seeing it posted) the X-Wing game nights and Limited Figures is now the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month (I got there around 5:30 and two guys were already there) so the next official meeting will be February 12th. I doubt I will be able to make that date but if anyone is interested in meeting up there on any given weekday evening I will see if I can make it.

#72 KCTim

KCTim

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

My friend and I have combined collections so I would have no issue with letting you use a few of mine if we were to meet up. It's almost impossible to rely on stores to set up dates for stuff like this with all the other organizations they have and business they have to keep up with so hopefully someone with enough time will step up a day of the week at Tabletop. If there is good time for you this weekend let me know and I'll see if I can make it up there. I went on Sunday and they were pretty much dead so maybe Sunday at noon? They close at 6 on Sundays so noon or 1 would be preferable.

Does noon on Sunday work for anyone else? Is anyone else interested?

Sunday at noon would work just fine.  I always need an excuse to get to the game store anyways.  Feel free to message me or respond on this thread if that changes, but yeah we could plan on Sunday around noon for sure.

#73 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I lied. Sundays at noon will not work for me. I'm free tomorrow after 6ish.

#74 KCTim

KCTim

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Unfortunately my tomorrow is shot, we can figure out a different time maybe with a little more notice.  No worries.

#75 GameCafe

GameCafe

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Just so you guys are aware there are about a dozen players that play at GameCafe in independence every wednesday and we would love for you guys to drop by. Really any day of the week you think you might be able to pick up a game just hit up the facebook and there is usually someone more than happy to play, myself included.

• Kelvan likes this

#76 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is there a Facebook group for Kansas City area xwing players?

Edit: Found it: MOKAN Star Wars X-Wing Group.

Edited by ElderMason, 25 January 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#77 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

I can invite anyone to the facebook group if need be.

There is the Store Championship at game cafe on the 8th... gonna be a lot of fun.

Game Cafe has the only regular night. There are a lot of good players at table top but they don't have a regular day except for maybe saturday.

#78 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Game tonight at Limited Figures, 6pm. We will be playing every second and fourth Wednesday. Off 29, Exit 5 near Kmart (not in the same plaza).

#79 Nickel

Nickel

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

I'm still a new player, so I hope you guys are still meeting.  I'd like to play more often.  I drive by this place every day, but I've never been.

#80 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

I'm still a new player, so I hope you guys are still meeting.  I'd like to play more often.  I drive by this place every day, but I've never been.

hey I am part of a group in St. Joseph that meets on Thursdays and Game Cafe is hosting a tournament this Sunday if you are interested. here's the Facebook link:

https://www.facebook...279582848870283

Rebels: (3) X-wing, (1) Y-Wing, (2) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) HWK-290, (1) YT-1300
Empire: (4) TIEs, (1) TIE-Adv, (2) TIE- Interceptors, (1) TIE-Bomber, (1) Lambda Shuttle, (1) Fire Spray 31

"Silence will fall when the Question is asked."  

Eph 6:10-20

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS