Kansas City, MO new player group

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

sorry for the double post but they (Game Cafe) are ALSO hosting a tournament on Dec 22nd.  any of you guys able to make it?? I'm planning on traveling on Monday so I'll still be in town.  here's the facebook event:

https://www.facebook...n=join&source=1

Rebels: (4) X-wing, (1) Y-Wing, (3) A-Wings, (2) B-Wing, (1) HWK-290, (1) YT-1300, (2) Z-95, (2) E-Wing
Empire: (4) TIEs, (1) TIE-Adv, (4) TIE- Interceptors, (1) TIE-Bomber, (1) Lambda Shuttle, (1) Fire Spray 31

"Silence will fall when the Question is asked."  

Eph 6:10-20

#42 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

any of you guys coming to the tournament at Game Cafe on Sunday? I'm sick right now and working 20-22 hours today & heading out of town on Monday so I have no idea if I'll be able to make it but I'm going to try.  

you guys coming???

Rebels: (4) X-wing, (1) Y-Wing, (3) A-Wings, (2) B-Wing, (1) HWK-290, (1) YT-1300, (2) Z-95, (2) E-Wing
Empire: (4) TIEs, (1) TIE-Adv, (4) TIE- Interceptors, (1) TIE-Bomber, (1) Lambda Shuttle, (1) Fire Spray 31

"Silence will fall when the Question is asked."  

Eph 6:10-20

#43 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hey. Signed up for the forums just so I could post to this thread. Are you guys still doing the Wednesday nights at Limited Figures? For anyone in Johnson County I would love to set up a regular day of the week at Tabletop Games at 105th and Metcalf.

#44 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hey. Signed up for the forums just so I could post to this thread. Are you guys still doing the Wednesday nights at Limited Figures? For anyone in Johnson County I would love to set up a regular day of the week at Tabletop Games at 105th and Metcalf.

Hey Mason,

Yeah I'm down let me know what days work best for you.  Tabletop is close to me and I enjoy going in there.  I'm a casual player who likes to setup campaigns for me and my friends to enjoy (5v5s).  Doing another Campaign in Topeka on the 4th.

#45 Blazinga

Blazinga

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hey Mason,

Yeah I'm down let me know what days work best for you.  Tabletop is close to me and I enjoy going in there.  I'm a casual player who likes to setup campaigns for me and my friends to enjoy (5v5s).  Doing another Campaign in Topeka on the 4th.

With the holidays and every one being busy, we kind of took a break on the Wednesday nights at Limited Figures. Hoping to get it going again after the first of the year. I live up north but I'd be down for making trips to Tabletop Games, definitely want to get more x-wing games in.

#46 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

Blazinga,

What days look good for you?  We could probably do some trading off of locations so it's not lopsided.

#47 Blazinga

Blazinga

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

Blazinga,

What days look good for you?  We could probably do some trading off of locations so it's not lopsided.

I can make almost any night work as long as it doesn't go too late, I work very early in the mornings, but right now we'd or Thursdays would be the best nights, but Fridays and Saturdays work well too.

#48 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hey Mason,

How does tomorrow (Thursday Jan 2) sound?

#49 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Unfortunately all my stuff is in Topeka preparing for a big Campaign of 5v5...tonight wouldn't work sadly.  How would next Thursday look or Friday?  Blazinga...would this work for you as well?  

#50 Blazinga

Blazinga

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'll have to double check something, but I think next Thursday might just work.

#51 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

I could probably go Thursday. I'm free all day so whenever you guys are available. Just a heads up on Thursday nights they have a board game night with around 30 or so in attendance. So sometime in the afternoon would be best IMO.

#52 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Friday would also be fine.

#53 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

I work during the days.

#54 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

I assumed so. The point I was trying to make was the earlier the better so give me a time and i'll be there.

#55 Blazinga

Blazinga

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:22 AM

I'm not sure I will be able to make it Thursday.  Forgot about their game night,  I've never played at Tabletop, are they cool with anyone showing up whenever to use their game room?  Anyway, you guys pick a time and if I can make it, at least to just meet you guys (I've meet you JC),  I will.

#56 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

We're planning on being at Limited Figures tonight at 6pm.

For those who are there, I'd like to discuss things like regular tournaments, campaigns, big games, etc.  See where what direction we want to head.

Hope to see you there!

#57 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

Hey all, a few updates. First game cafe is doing their store championship on the 8th of February starting at noon. I've got the go ahead from the GM of the store to run tournaments whenever I like with game support so if anyone wants to come out let me know and I can make it happen.

I'd be interested in getting table top in doing a game night or store championship.

#58 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

There is a KC area Facebook group with a lot of members. PM me if you'd like an invite.

#59 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

copied the details of the game cafe tournament.

"Game Cafe would like to invite all of you to join us on February 8th for our Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Store Championship. The festivities will begin at 12:00 PM noon on that day however all those interested are more than able to sign up in advance. The squad build total will be 100 point for this event and we will be doing rounds of Swiss based on the participation (minimum 3) and then making a cut to top four.  All those who participate will receive an alternate art Tien Numb Pilot card just for showing up as well as Alternate art Gold Squadron Pilot and Black Squadron Pilot. Now for the more awesome news. Due to the success Star Wars X-wing has been at our store we will be adding several door prizes to the event. The door prizes will include 4x sets of Acrylic Stress tokens, 2x Imperial Aces Packs, and 1x Medium Transport expansion. The aces and Transport packs will be taken as per-orders so we will need to get your information in the event you are one of the lucky winners. Everyone has an equal chance of winning door prizes regardless of tournament placings so feel free to shamelessly bring all your friends to enter the event and increase the likelihood you win one of them. Acrylic range rules for the top 4, Card boxes for the top two and a plaque for the winner. The entry fee for this event will be $10 and I can't wait to see all of you there. Good Luck and may the force be with you.

for more info check out https://www.facebook...23435464505840/"

#60 ElderMason

ElderMason

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm not sure I will be able to make it Thursday.  Forgot about their game night,  I've never played at Tabletop, are they cool with anyone showing up whenever to use their game room?  Anyway, you guys pick a time and if I can make it, at least to just meet you guys (I've meet you JC),  I will.

Yep. It's just open. Are you still unavailable tonight? If so, tomorrow?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS