• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 artfcllyflvrd

artfcllyflvrd

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hey guys,

I live in Columbia, MO. So I wouldn't be able to make league nights but myself and a couple other guys would be intersted in coming to Kansas City for tournaments/game days on the weekends.

Do you guys know of stores that are hosting events, or any place online where we could check to see if tournaments are happening around the city?

#22 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

I might be able to work something out with you GMLumpy.

I am in the Overland Park Area; we might be able to find a happy compromise.

awesome! where would be a good place for you? I don't know of any gaming stores etc in Overland Park, but I do make it out there every once in awhile for Micro Center (love that store). maybe I can make a day & afternoon/evening out of it.  

beyond that, how far are is Zona Rosa to you?

Rebels: (4) X-wing, (1) Y-Wing, (3) A-Wings, (2) B-Wing, (1) HWK-290, (1) YT-1300, (2) Z-95, (2) E-Wing
Empire: (4) TIEs, (1) TIE-Adv, (4) TIE- Interceptors, (1) TIE-Bomber, (1) Lambda Shuttle, (1) Fire Spray 31

"Silence will fall when the Question is asked."  

Eph 6:10-20

#23 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hey guys,

I live in Columbia, MO. So I wouldn't be able to make league nights but myself and a couple other guys would be intersted in coming to Kansas City for tournaments/game days on the weekends.

Do you guys know of stores that are hosting events, or any place online where we could check to see if tournaments are happening around the city?

I would be interested in that as well. the only Gaming store I know of in KC is The Basement and I have been waiting for them to reschedule a tournament from early Sept.

maybe we should all make a meetup sometime soon.  who would be interested in that? no tournament just a some friendly play. what weekends do you guys have open? the best one for me would be Nov 16th. I am a Doctor Who fan so the 23rd is already booked for me ;) & I don't want to take away from family time during Thanksgiving week.

Rebels: (4) X-wing, (1) Y-Wing, (3) A-Wings, (2) B-Wing, (1) HWK-290, (1) YT-1300, (2) Z-95, (2) E-Wing
Empire: (4) TIEs, (1) TIE-Adv, (4) TIE- Interceptors, (1) TIE-Bomber, (1) Lambda Shuttle, (1) Fire Spray 31

#24 artfcllyflvrd

artfcllyflvrd

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hey guys,

I would be interested in that as well. the only Gaming store I know of in KC is The Basement and I have been waiting for them to reschedule a tournament from early Sept.

maybe we should all make a meetup sometime soon.  who would be interested in that? no tournament just a some friendly play. what weekends do you guys have open? the best one for me would be Nov 16th. I am a Doctor Who fan so the 23rd is already booked for me ;) & I don't want to take away from family time during Thanksgiving week.

I may be able to swing November 16th. I'll ask around here and see who may be interested in coming over that day. I'll let you know as soon as I find anything.

My name is Matt by the way.

#25 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I go by

Hey guys,

I may be able to swing November 16th. I'll ask around here and see who may be interested in coming over that day. I'll let you know as soon as I find anything.

My name is Matt by the way.

I go by Lumpy (long story). so nice to meet you Matt.

I might be able to get 1 other guy to come with me.  and if you or anyone has a good suggestion for a place we can play I'm open to it.  just let me know.

#26 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Zona Rosa is far from me but not un-do-able; use to go up there once a week looking for X-wing Ships at Barnes and Noble.  Give me a Date and I will put it on the Calendar.  I am good most nights; btw, I don't have any of my stuff until after the 9th.  I'm having a big 5 v 5 Four Mission X-wing Campaign in Topeka then.  Left my stuff there so my brothers and friends could take a gander at the upgrade cards in preparation.

Table Top is very close IMO to Microcenter...it's at like 105th and Metcalf.  There is also 31st Century (Olathe) and Pulp fiction Comics and Games (Lee's Summit); 

#27 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Zona Rosa is far from me but not un-do-able; use to go up there once a week looking for X-wing Ships at Barnes and Noble.  Give me a Date and I will put it on the Calendar.  I am good most nights; btw, I don't have any of my stuff until after the 9th.  I'm having a big 5 v 5 Four Mission X-wing Campaign in Topeka then.  Left my stuff there so my brothers and friends could take a gander at the upgrade cards in preparation.

Table Top is very close IMO to Microcenter...it's at like 105th and Metcalf.  There is also 31st Century (Olathe) and Pulp fiction Comics and Games (Lee's Summit); 

table top might work! I'll let you know of when.  and it would be after the 9th.

#28 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

ok guys, who is interested in a friendly tournament on the 16th of Nov? i don't know of any gaming stores that would be central to me (st. Joseph) & Lee Summit. any ideas as to where? you give me a place & I'll book it.

#29 artfcllyflvrd

artfcllyflvrd

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

I'll ask around here and see if there is interest in getting a group to come over. If you could find a store in Lee's Summit that would be convenient.

#30 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Pulp Fiction Comics & Games
1100 SE BLUE PKWY, LEE'S SUMMIT, MO 64063 PHONE (816) 554-7333 PFCOMICS@GMAIL.COM

How about this?

#31 artfcllyflvrd

artfcllyflvrd

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hey,

That store generally would be great. I asked around and it doesn't look like the saturday will work.

There is also another store in Kansas City, Game Cafe, that has a weekly league and monthly tournaments. My group can't make the league (four hours driving on a Wednesday night just isn't reasonable) but we're planning on making it to the tournaments.

I'll also keep watching this thread. If you guys have another meet up day, post it here and I'll see if I can get people who to travel to it.

Matt

#32 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

Hey,

That store generally would be great. I asked around and it doesn't look like the saturday will work.

There is also another store in Kansas City, Game Cafe, that has a weekly league and monthly tournaments. My group can't make the league (four hours driving on a Wednesday night just isn't reasonable) but we're planning on making it to the tournaments.

I'll also keep watching this thread. If you guys have another meet up day, post it here and I'll see if I can get people who to travel to it.

Matt

cool! when are the tournaments? and do you have a link?

#33 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Hey,

Matt

the 16th isn't working for me either. how about Sunday the 17th?

#34 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'm glad to see my thread has expanded to include all of the metro KC area.  Good to know I'm not the only one playing!

We will be hosting another game at Limited Figures tonight at 6pm.  It's off to the side of Kmart, just off of Exit 6 on I-29.

Beginners are always welcome!  Even if you are just interested in giving it a try, come on out.  Also, tonight we'll set a better schedule for the rest of the year, given the upcoming holidays.

See you there!

• GMLumpy likes this

#35 artfcllyflvrd

artfcllyflvrd

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

@ GMlumpy

This weekend in general is bad. And then I believe most of us are visiting family for Thanksgiving the next two weekends. This time of year gets very hard to organize things...

But that store has a facebook page where they keep all of their events listed. There's a tournament coming up the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, but again I can't personally make it because I'm heading back home.

But depending on when their December event is I really want to go.

https://www.facebook.com/GameCafe

#36 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

yea i have family coming into town on the 24th so I'm busy the entire week of Thanks.

mmm. also all of those places are really far from me.

let's see what we can do in December.

#37 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

so anyone want to meet tomorow at The Basement to play? if not I understand but i figured I'd at least try.

#38 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sorry was in OKC this past weekend due to a family emergency

#39 artfcllyflvrd

artfcllyflvrd

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone know of anything happening between 12/13 - 12/21 or 1/4 - 1/20. Myself and one other guy here are students and will be on break soon, so we're looking to do some gaming in that time.

We're totally up for a day trip to KC in one of those time frames.

Matt

Edited by artfcllyflvrd, 03 December 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#40 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

I am so sorry it took me so long to respond, it's been a busy week.

I'm game!  where are you and your friends located?  I know that Game Cafe in KC is having a fur-ball tournament on Wed, but they apparently do a group thing every Wed, but I am not sure who goes.  I can't make Wed, but how about next Tues or even this Sunday? I'd prefer somewhere further north since I live about 30-60 min north of KC.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS