Kansas City, MO new player group

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

We're attempting to get a group together for regular gaming, starting this Wednesday evening, 6pm at Limited Figures games.  The address is 8329 N Congress Ave Kansas City, MO, and is in the building next to the Kmart off of Exit 6 on I-29.

Once we establish a regular group and time, we can discuss leagues, tournaments, etc.  RIght not there are a number of people in the area who know about the game, but don't know how to play yet.  Let's get something started!

#2 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I am in Overland Park.  Not sure about my Wednesdays nights b/c I am working and taking my Cornerstone class to graduate from College...but I'm willing to try.

Were you thinking about starting this week or next?

I think it's Pulp Fiction Comics and Games or whatever does like Sunday nights for X-wing.  I haven't been there, but was considering it.

#3 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Game Cafe in indepence does game nights there. Also, the Basement near zona rosa has some games in on sundays.

Hit me up with a private message guys. I'm interested in getting together. I won one of the KC regionals for worlds.

#4 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

game cafe does game nights on wednesdays.

#5 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Congrats Kelvan! 

I am more of a casual player just looking for people to play with and against for fun.  I love multiplayer X-wing games 2v2 and more!  

Let me know if that is something that interests you all.

#6 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Sure, hit me up.

#7 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

We are going to start this Wednesday (today).  However, I imagine that this will be more about teaching new players.  As we get more people committed, we can decide on a regular night. 

I know about Game Cafe.  Nice place, but for me, personally, it's on the complete opposite side of the metro area and therefore not ideal for regular gaming.

#8 newmagrathea

newmagrathea

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

I may make a trip or two out there. I'm in south KC so it's a bit of a drive and I've got a couple options closer, but not on Wednesdays.

Rebels - 5 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 3 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Tantive IV

Imperials - 7 TIE Fighters, 5 TIE Interceptors (Aces), 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda Shuttle

#9 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

JP,

I'll stop by tonight and meet you and whoever else shows up.  Won't be able to stay long due to some Research I have to do tonight.  My name is Jonathan btw.

Newmagrathea,  where you at?  If you didn't see above, I'm in Overland Park.

#10 newmagrathea

newmagrathea

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

I'm near Red Bridge and Holmes in South KC. Just on the other side of the state line from OP. 

Rebels - 5 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 3 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Tantive IV

Imperials - 7 TIE Fighters, 5 TIE Interceptors (Aces), 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda Shuttle

#11 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

We're having our second game this Wednesday at 6pm. Stop by, if you can -even if you've never played!

#12 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Will try to be there.  Do you still have that Tie Fighter for sale JP?

#13 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

I actually sold it to the store for cost. Not sure if he still has it.

#14 Tk2166

Tk2166

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'll be in KC someware between the 14 and the 18. Is there someware I could catch a game or two?

#15 Kevin Herndon

Kevin Herndon

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hey all, Game Cafe is hosting two tournaments this coming week

One on Sunday from 1PM to 5PM and then again on Wednesday starting at 6PM till done.

3 Round Match - $5.00 Entry - Everyone who participates gets a Black Squadron Alternate Art Pilot Card.  Top Four get's a choice between Wedge Antilies or FFG Sheild Tokens.  The top winner will receive a nice shiny FFG medal

Hope to see some of the KC peeps out in Independce this weekend or Wednesday!!!

#16 jpmoeller

jpmoeller

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tonight we'll be playing at Limited Figures in KC, 6pm.  100 points.

We haven't progressed to the point of tournaments yet - right now we're just getting a regular group established.  Many of the current bunch are still learning.

I've been to Game Cafe, but unfortunately it's a bit far for me to be a regular (Platte City).

Hope to see more of you there tonight!

#17 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Sorry wasn't there; I had less appealing things to do tonight :(

#18 newmagrathea

newmagrathea

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Is anyone from KC going to go to World Champion Weekend? I'll bet that they have the TIE Interceptor Aces pack for sale and I wouldn't be surprised if they announced The Rebel aces. 

#19 GMLumpy

GMLumpy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

WOW! I finally find ppl in the area and I miss a couple of tournaments.  I am still new to the game & live in St. Joseph, so anything not North KC is a little far for me.  The Basement was going to have a tournament awhile back but forgot about it and canceled it. 

I can't make Wed but would any of you guys want to meet up at like the Basement or even here in St. Joseph? there is a gaming store called Galaxy Games. last time I checked they still has a wave 1 TIE, though I haven't been there since wave 3 came out. 

I need some one to play test some squads with.  anyone interested? again any night but Wed & Mondays. 

Rebels: (3) X-wing, (1) Y-Wing, (2) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) HWK-290, (1) YT-1300
Empire: (4) TIEs, (1) TIE-Adv, (2) TIE- Interceptors, (1) TIE-Bomber, (1) Lambda Shuttle, (1) Fire Spray 31

"Silence will fall when the Question is asked."  

Eph 6:10-20

#20 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

I might be able to work something out with you GMLumpy.

I am in the Overland Park Area; we might be able to find a happy compromise.

• GMLumpy likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS