Travel information?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pheaver

pheaver

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

I'm starting to look into costs, etc, for traveling up to Worlds.  I had a few questions.

1. What airport should I be traveling into?

2. Is there a hotel block at one of the local hotels?  If not, are there recommended hotels nearby?

3. Is the area good for just walking around (local restaurants, hotel to event center), or should I rent a car?

Thanks,

Paul

#2 Zdawg88

Zdawg88

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

1. MSP - Minneapolis St. Paul Airport
2. FF has a couple hotels they have discounted rates at really close by, the Days Inn and also the Radisson. I just booked at the Radisson for 100 a night which isn't bad.
3. Not sure on the last question, but I think I'm going to pass on the car rental myself, even if there isn't much to do around the area, I figure I will be gaming most of the time anyhow.

#3 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

The Event Center is moving (and changing names to Games Center) about a block away.  I think Google maps is totally wacked for mapping addresses on that street, but look at HOM Furniture 2480 Cleveland Ave Roseville, MN 55113, just to the east of that is a CARQUEST.  Just to the east of that is the new Games Center.  The Radisson is the closest hotel to stay in (and probably the best as well).

The street view data is old (it's under construction):

https://www.google.c...97!4f13.1&fid=5

The Games Center will have a full real menu, but I'm sure you will want some variety.  A few blocks away is a large mall (Rosedale) with a few good food options.  It's not a terribly far walk, but it can be cold in November (it all depends, who knows).  You should be able to catch a ride over to alternative restaurant options with other gamers.

#4 pheaver

pheaver

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for the information, both of you.  It's helpful.

Zdawg, you said that FFG has discounts with the Radisson?  I couldn't find anything; where did you see how to get the discount?  The best price I can find for them is 125 a night.

Paul

#5 pheaver

pheaver

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

To answer my own question:

http://www.fantasyfl...eidm=196&esem=4

Paul

#6 Nelf

Nelf

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hi there

I am flying over from the UK for this event. Am staying in St. Paul for $80 a night. Good to hear about food options.

Also got tickets to see the Vikings beat the redskins on Thursday.

Am really looking forward to this event.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS