Battles in Arkham

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 solidearth

solidearth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hello! I wanted to share the game of Arkham I played last night. Four investigators set out to stop Hastur and we included the dark pharaoh expansion. Randomly chosen investigators were Ashcan, Jenny Barnes, Mandy Thompson, and Kate Winthrop. Highlights of the game. Turn four or five with four gates already open Ashcan was in another dimension and drew the encounter that allowed him to sacrifice himself, thus sealing the black cave. Re-rolled Jack Diamond so now we had a crack team. Turn seventeen, after the woods had been sealed, a gate opened there and the seal was broken. It was bad because we were about one turn away from closing all gates on the board. At this point we are at about 7 doom and 4 terror. Turn eighteen, Kate was devoured in Silver Twilight Lodge after being introduced to the Man in Black. Re-rolled Ashcan Pete, but then two turns later, got the encounter which allows a re-roll as a character of your choice; Dexter drake comes out. Still only about 7 doom and 6 terror at this point. Nearing the end (turn 28, 30?) we drew two mythos which just added 2 doom, and we ended up winning by closing all the gates on the board when Hastur was at 12 doom. one more and we would have been brutalized by his now -8 penalty from the terror track. The game was four hours long, but it was for sure one of the best I've ever played. Allowing gate bursts at the woods made it way more challenging, and I can't remember any games where my investigator was at 1 stamina and 1 sanity and I was still jumping desperately through open gates. If you read this, thanks for taking the time to do so! cheers

Edited by solidearth, 14 September 2013 - 06:07 PM.

• Schwaig likes this

#2 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for sharing your report. Sounds like a very interesting game.

Personally, I would remove any devoured investigators from the game so you cant get them again, like Ashcan in your game. Adds a bit 'apocalypse-feeling' :)

#3 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Personally, I would remove any devoured investigators from the game so you cant get them again, like Ashcan in your game. Adds a bit 'apocalypse-feeling'  :)

+1 With the expansions there are enough investigators to get devoured. :P

Dices, cubic messengers of fate.

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Wow!  I laughed when you wrote "turn 28, 30?" ~ that's hysterical.  You were definitely fighting the good fight...that's an exceptionally long game.  It sounds as though you had great fun. 

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Aye, a long one. Well done sir!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 solidearth

solidearth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks again for reading, I want to point out that this is all from memory but I vow to make game notes from now on so I can make the summary more precise.

cheers

• Julia likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS