Reinforcements- Master Monsters?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Willow

Willow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The rules for Reinforcements just say that I have to obey monster group limits.

Does that mean that once the Master monster for a group is killed, I can reinforce that master monster?  Or can I only reinforce minion monsters?

#2 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

You can reinforce Master monsters as long as you're within your group limit. So yes, if a master dies, you can reinforce it.

#3 Willow

Willow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thanks!

#4 bat22

bat22

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

But what if the reinforcements aren't from fallen monsters but are inserted during each turn, like in the Dawnblade quest?

Are you able to make your first reinforcements either masters or - for some reason - minions?

#5 Ser Folly

Ser Folly

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

But what if the reinforcements aren't from fallen monsters but are inserted during each turn, like in the Dawnblade quest?

Are you able to make your first reinforcements either masters or - for some reason - minions?

You sure can decide (if the quest rules do not forbid placing masters or minions, as in some LoR quests). Sometimes it is wise to keep a master monster for later use. It can't be killed if not placed...

• Zaltyre likes this

Descent - Star Wars LCG - Netrunner - X-Wing - Arkham Horror - Elder Sign - Battlestar Galactica - Warhammer: Diskwars - Kingsburg - Edge of the Empire - Civilization - Bloodbowl Teammanager - Rune Age - Letters from Whitechapel - Cadwallon - Lord of the Rings LCG ... looks like I love FFG stuff :huh:

#6 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

You sure can decide (if the quest rules do not forbid placing masters or minions, as in some LoR quests). Sometimes it is wise to keep a master monster for later use. It can't be killed if not placed...

Especially if you get to place reinforcements at the start of turn, this is worth remembering.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS