Another Question - Innsmouth Aquatic Travel

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

My group, new to the game, also played with the Innsmouth map recently.  There's a location called Devil's Reef that you need to charter a boat to reach.  Our question is how do players return from Devil's Reef?  We just let them move back to the docks when they're done closing gates and killing.

Sorry if it's addressed in a FAQ, reading them is on my to do list.

#2 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

There are a few possibilities:

You can have an encounter at Devil's Reef, which allows you to go back to Falcon Point. 

Also, any investigator can go to Falcon Point and send a boat there to pick the other investigator at Devil's Reef up, as it is mentioned in the Special Encounter description of Falcon Point.

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Or you can go insane or unconscious and wash up back in Arkham :P

Edited by Tibs, 13 September 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#4 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Wow.  That's a lot harder than we were doing it.  Thanks for the help.

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Or use Silas ~ he absolutely rocks in Innsmouth!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#6 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Wow.  That's a lot harder than we were doing it.  Thanks for the help.

Many times have I been stranded on Devil Reef :) You could try waiting on the reef for a passing fishing boat, but you would make an easy target for attacks from both the sky and the sea, or you could try delving deeper and deeper into the abyss until you reach the secret city of Y'hanthlei, and who knows where the undersea-floor tunnels might bring you...back to land, or straight into the jaws of *madness*?

• Julia likes this

#7 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Without Silas, you almost need to travel to Devil's Reef with a fiver in your pocket.  Unless of course there's a gate at Y'hanthlei in which you can spend the entire summer enjoying the Innsmouth coast...

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#8 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Without Silas, you almost need to travel to Devil's Reef with a fiver in your pocket.  Unless of course there's a gate at Y'hanthlei in which you can spend the entire summer enjoying the Innsmouth coast...

If there is a gate a Y'han-thlei, then something very very unpleasant has just happened... but I agree with Joe, the Innsmouth coast is certainly a great place to visit. A place of great peace. Truly a deep one.

• Tox likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS