Some questions

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Good for you!  There are only two games I have displayed permanently at the moment...AH and "The War"

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#22 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Again some questions:

1. When the combat with an AO starts, does it immediately start with his "at start of combat" ability or do I have the chance to trade items before?

I had the problem with Shub, the combat begins and 2 of my investigators gets devoured cause of missing monster trophies. But the items they had where useful for the other two.

2. If an investigator is moved to another location from an encounter, may I pick up the clue token on the new location?

3. Can i "pay" movement for items if I don't move? (Not OW or LiTaS)

Dices, cubic messengers of fate.

#23 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Garthnait,

1. Each Turn begins with an Upkeep Phase, so you can definitely trade Items.

2.  Teschnically, it's wherever you stopped during the Movement Phase and an encounter would be during the Arkham Encounter Phase.  I, however, allow the Investigator to take the Clue token.

3.  Yes, you may absolutely "pay" the Movement cost even if you don't move your Investigator

The Professor

#24 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

1. The Start of Battle ability is resolved immediately, as soon as the Final Battle begins (core rules, pag 19, second column: "Immediately activate any Start of Battle abilities"). So, no way you can trade items before having some of your pals being devoured

2. Official answer: no. Clues may be picked up only during the movement phase or during the Mythos Phase in case the clue "appears" at a location with an investigator at. You can crosscheck this in the FAQ, pag 4. Still, I do play that yes, you can get clues even in the case you mentioned but if there are monsters in the new location you have to face them as well. It's a houserule, though

3. Not so sure I get the question. You can pay whatever you want if you have enough movement points to do it. Hope this answers your doubts

• jackman51 likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#25 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Julia & Joe ~ the dynamic duo for answering questions across the globe :lol:

The Professor

#26 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Julia & Joe ~ the dynamic duo for answering questions across the globe :lol:

:D

If I have to be your sidekick, it's fine as long as I'm allowed to be a side-highheel!

(and with this terrible joke, Julia goes to bed. Finally back home. Too bad :P )

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#27 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Julia,

Given your 4x as many posts as me...I'm the not-so-high-heeled side kick :D

Ciao,

Joe

The Professor

#28 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

An encounter at the Library says: "Go to Dreamlands and have an encounter before getting back to this location". 

The encounter at Dreamlands says: "Luckcheck -1 or stay here next round".

Do I ignore the effect of the Dreamlands if i dont pass the check?

Edited by Garthnait, 24 September 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#29 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

FAQ, pag 9 (emphasys mine):

Q: If a location card tells an investigator to go to another location, have an encounter, and return; what happens if the second encounter directs the investigator to move again? Does the second encounter cancel the first or is the first encounter resolved completely? If they are in conflict, which trumps?
A: After subsequent encounters have been fully resolved, the investigator returns to the location in which he had the first encounter. In the event of conflict between the resolution of the first and subsequent encounters, the first encounter takes precedence.

So, you return to the Library, and are delayed (the first encounter has the precedence over the second one, hence you return to the Library; the effect of the second encounter are not cancelled, though, so you are delayed)

(remember: stay here next turn = you're delayed)

• jackman51 likes this

#30 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Okay, many thanks.

#31 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

You're welcome :) Morg'n'Torg moved to the STL? I guess it's a new team to play with :P

#32 jackman51

jackman51

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

I pretty sure I know the answer to this question but just in case--

Falcon Point states that an investigator may spend 2 dollars during the movement phase to either move himself/herself to any other aquatic locale. First question is--

Does the investigator who moves himself have to have any movement points left over in order to do this such as one needs to go from the Train station to the Bus depot in Innsmouth for example ( pay 1 dollar and 1 MP) ?  Falcon Point doesn't say so I'm thinking no. Therefore I can move from the Curiositee Shop to Falcon Point via the Train Station and Bus Depot (5 movement required) and then spend 2 dollars to immediately get to the Devil Reef even though I have no further MP's. Correct?

Question 2 relates to the above but now let's say an investigator who has either started in Falcon Point or moved there elects to pay to move another investigator from we'll say the Unvisited Isle to Falcon Point. We'll also say the investigator being transported this way moves after the investigator who is at Falcon Point.  Does Falcon Point's restriction that an investigator using this form of transport not do any further movement this turn apply also to the investigator who was moved from the Unvisited Isle even though it's not technically his movement phase? Sounds like yes it would. Correct?

#33 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

Question 1: yes, correct. FP does not require you to spend any movement point to travel to Devil Reef (or to any aquatic location on any board.

Question 2: "Investigators may not move any further after moving with this location ability." It's "moving with this location ability" not "activating this location ability": so, it's the guy who's moved who can't move afterwards.

Personally, I've always found this terribly confusing. It's the only special ability activated during movement. Nothing is said about investigators who already moved, so technically it's possible that Investigator A reaches the Unvisited Isle and then investigator B summons him to Falcon Point. There are some interesting questions in the FAQ (pag 38, first column, immediately below Locations). Still, maybe it'd have been better a normal special ability "instead of having an encounter here, an investigator may spend two dollars to move to any other aquatic location on the board or to have an investigator in any aquatic location moving here. Investigators who moved thanks to this ability, do not have any further encounters this round".

• jackman51 likes this

#34 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Personally, I've always found this terribly confusing. It's the only special ability activated during movement. Nothing is said about investigators who already moved, so technically it's possible that Investigator A reaches the Unvisited Isle and then investigator B summons him to Falcon Point. There are some interesting questions in the FAQ (pag 38, first column, immediately below Locations). Still, maybe it'd have been better a normal special ability "instead of having an encounter here, an investigator may spend two dollars to move to any other aquatic location on the board or to have an investigator in any aquatic location moving here. Investigators who moved thanks to this ability, do not have any further encounters this round".

Your interpretation sounds much more logical to me.

• Julia likes this

#35 jackman51

jackman51

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yeah that's why I was thinking that "A" could be moved on his turn even after being transported. I thought perhaps Falcon Point only was talking about the activator.

If it's legal to move before being transported why not after as long as you move after the transporter?

But you are correct Julia,page 38 of the FAQ makes clear that once you are moved to Falcon Point or away from it using it's special ability you're done moving.

Edited by jackman51, 24 September 2013 - 10:01 AM.

• Julia likes this

#36 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

If it's legal to move before being transported why not after as long as you move after the transporter?

Aye, that's the point. Really, it's totally illogic to me.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS