Question about setup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

When I draw a Mythos card to place the initial monster and gate during setup, do I place a clue and resolve the other text as well?  And does the doom track get a counter?  I'm still pretty new to the game.  Thank you.

#2 Joseph_Lavode

Joseph_Lavode

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yes, yes, and yes. And move the monster, if appropriate.

EDIT: unless it's a rumor. Then draw a whole new Mythos card.

Edited by Joseph_Lavode, 12 September 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,627 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

Yes, yes, and yes. And move the monster, if appropriate.

EDIT: unless it's a rumor. Then draw a whole new Mythos card.

Unless it's a rumor or any other card instructing no gate to appear (so, The Story Continues, Strane Sightings, Double Terror cards)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

AltWren,

While my colleagues have beaten me to the proverbial punch by providing you answers to your inquiries, let me be the first to welcome you to the carnival!  It's a great game, with an unbeliveable amount of replay value.  I say this, having played over 100 games, many of which have been added to Tibs' spreadsheet (see one the 'pinned' threads) and Julia has played, if memory serves, in the 300 territory.

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by The Professor, 13 September 2013 - 05:08 AM.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#5 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Thank you for the welcome sir.

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,627 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

AltWren,

While my colleagues have beaten me to the proverbial punch by providing you answers to your inquiries, let me be the first to welcome you to the carnival!  It's a great game, with an unbeliveable amount of replay value.  I say this, having played over 100 games, many of which have been added to Tibs' spreadsheet (see one the 'pinned' threads) and Julia has played, if memory serves, in the 300 territory.

Cheers,

Joe

Yeah, I should be around 300 now. Unfortunately, I didn't log the early games, so I don't know for sure.

And welcome to AltWren!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#7 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

AltWren,

Cheers,

Joe

Yeah, I should be around 300 now. Unfortunately, I didn't log the early games, so I don't know for sure.

And welcome to AltWren!

Wow... 300+ games... I'm at 7 games now. ^^ And I would play more than i could. ;(

Dices, cubic messengers of fate.

#8 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,627 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Wow... 300+ games... I'm at 7 games now. ^^ And I would play more than i could. ;(

Consider I started playing in 2007, and since then, I played a game every Sunday. Plus at that time, I had only three boardgames (Arkham, Carcassonne and Fury of Dracula), so it was pretty easy reaching some big numbers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS