Update for this week...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Huckelbery

Tim Huckelbery

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

In the words of my favourite professor, Good news, everyone!

We are extending the beta period! An update is coming next week. Thanks for all of your hard work and patience. 

The Emperor Protects!

–Inquisitor Tim

#2 Elior

Elior

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the info.

#3 PhilOfCalth

PhilOfCalth

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Indeed thanks for the info.

I wonder if there's a way of creating a stronger line of interaction between the community and the development staff... Do you answer emails, for example? If I gathered up people's questions and emailed them, would I get a reply? Then I could post the reply on the forum so everyone could see... Good plan?

Edited by PhilOfCalth, 12 September 2013 - 05:51 PM.

• Simsum likes this

#4 Snowman0147

Snowman0147

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Glad to see this.

#5 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Would be nice though to get updates more regular - in that way some of the discussion here maybe could focus on specific areas that were not yet adressed...

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#6 dholda

dholda

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Thx for info. I would be even happier if it was more frequent.
Looking forward to the extended beta. There were a lot of issues raised and I hope they'll be addressed in the upcoming update. There's still a lot to discuss as we haven't talked too much about investigation and social encounters.

#7 Felenis

Felenis

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Well, I'm glad you guys are extending the time frame. Take as long as you need. We've got 5 other lines to keep us going, so you can make this one as great as possible.

#8 Adeptus Ineptus

Adeptus Ineptus

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

I wonder if there's a way of creating a stronger line of interaction between the community and the development staff... Do you answer emails, for example? If I gathered up people's questions and emailed them, would I get a reply? Then I could post the reply on the forum so everyone could see... Good plan?

They do answer emails even if the spam filter gets it first. Pro tip don't title your email "give us money" even if you are requesting a non abstract wealth option.

• PhilOfCalth and GauntZero like this

#9 PhilOfCalth

PhilOfCalth

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Email sent... Now we play the waiting game!

#10 PencilBoy99

PencilBoy99

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Lets take this as a positive.

1. Tim is an Inquisitor, yet did not apply an Exterminatus to us.

2. They EXTENDED THE BETA. The only reason they would do this is to take account of all the good information people are providing.

#11 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Extending the beta seems like a good decision, and not just because they skipped an update or two. Although the issues I have with those rules won't be solved to my satisfaction at all, it's clear the rules still need a lot of work if they are to do what I think they were meant to do.

• Fgdsfg likes this

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#12 knasserII

knasserII

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

I emailed them about a couple of definite errors / omissions and received a reply. But I only emailed them about things I could objectively say: "this is a mistake / omission", not my general thoughts and feedback. One thing that has been very clear, is that they are actively reading our discussions here already.

I lack credentials.

#13 knasserII

knasserII

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

The only reason they would do this is to take account of all the good information people are providing.

They might just want to torture those of us who are now more or less happy with how things are. Every extra week is another week where victory might be snatched from us and they decide to ditch Action Points or someone might request them to introduce special rules for puppies or something. ;)

I lack credentials.

#14 LuciusT

LuciusT

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

The only reason they would do this is to take account of all the good information people are providing.

They might just want to torture those of us who are now more or less happy with how things are. Every extra week is another week where victory might be snatched from us and they decide to ditch Action Points or someone might request them to introduce special rules for puppies or something. ;)

We can only hope. :) (kidding... mostly)

#15 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

It's great to hear that the beta has been extended. Thanks for throwing us a bone. :)

Gamergate Primer

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#16 cps

cps

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

I highly doubt they'll rework any major game systems this close to when the game needs to go to press. Action points will definitely be in the game; if anything they'll just tweak costs of some actions (the charging with an eviscerator problem comes to mind).

And rules for puppy familiars will be in the DH2 version of Inquisitor's Handbook.

#17 PhilOfCalth

PhilOfCalth

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Reading perhaps, but not responding. If they think of dropping something or definitely going to keep something I'd rather not continue to discuss it in ignorance. I asked general questions. We'll see if they respond

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS