overlord so weak and errata beat up in a dead body

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 PlainWhiteBread

PlainWhiteBread

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

The way Kunzite plays the Overlord role in our group is so different from what you other OLs are experiencing! We played Tipping the Scales in our last playthrough, and she locked down the game. Locked. Down. The. Game. The heroes were caught in a perpetual stand-and-be-defeated loop, because thanks to some potent OL cards and a total of Nine monsters with Pierce 2 and 3. We didn't even manage to get a weight onto either scale. We walked in, ran up to the monsters that started at one of our goals, killed some, got mobbed by the reinforcements and died. Endless Night, here we come.

You whinge and gripe that heroes get to attack twice per turn, when you can have monsters in excess of twice or three times their number, who all get to attack? Come on, you're all smart people. Hell, there are even monsters in the Conversion Kit (which I insist you spend the money on, because it has incredibly good monsters) that can attack twice; They're hardly pushovers, and unlike heroes, Monsters reinforce with full HP instead of rolling two red dice, which only give heroes back 2-6 HP, and MAYBE a fatigue or two if they're lucky. It's incredibly easy -- especially in Act II -- to deal 2-6 damage and knock them down repeatedly, drawing a card per KO plus the one you get at the start of your turn. A dead hero is incredibly hard to recover from, because the heroes have to stop what they're doing to spend precious actions standing their fallen comrades up and/or healing them or getting them up to a state where they won't die from the monsters that killed them the first time.

If I had to claim balance issues, the Warlord OL makes all the other OL classes look like chumps, because it generally ignores hero involvement (very few, if any attribute tests) and generates card advantage better than any of the other classes. Because you draw a card each time you drop a hero, why wouldn't you pick the set that helps you drop heroes with relative ease instead of pissing around with search tokens and movement traps? With it you can sacrifice a monster to attack twice. Who cares? It'll just respawn with full HP. Did you kill the hero? Great. Bloodlust and draw more cards. Toss out your Master monster you just Blood Raged with and use the almighty Reinforce card so he shows up with all his minions as well; you effectively ignore the reinforcement rules. Did the heroes manage to significantly wound a monster you need to keep alive? A universal card says you can roll two red dice and heal them. Cards like these are on-par with heroic feats, feats that you can do more than once per encounter if you're keeping up on the card draw.

You're also overlooking vital parts of being the overlord: Listening and the Element of Surprise. The heroes have to plot and plan their strategies right in front of you; They have to think and plan out loud to each other, while you can simply listen to their plan and play cards or monsters to foil them. The heroes do not know anything about your deck, what monsters you're using and what strategy you're employing until you allow them to know. You know all of their skills, their equipment and all their stats from the get-go, while they don't get to know jack squat until you reveal it.

Kunzite has only won three of the quests we've played out of the entire campaign, but each of those victories was a vicious curb-stomping where we barely got a chance to participate in the encounter at all; Every time we (the heroes) won, it was almost always by barely scraping by; a lucky dice roll on an attribute test or a hail-mary, this-determines-if-we-win-or-lose attack. She knows, like you OLs should know, that the long game is what is important. The winner of the campaign is not who wins the most, but who's left standing in the end. If you lose, learn why; Did you pick the wrong monsters? Not draw the right cards? Roll badly? Take stock of what your heroes did and how you can circumvent them. Remember that winning leads to overconfidence, which can really bite you (or your heroes) in the butt if you're not careful.

Come on, OLs. You know you've got the tools to win. The errata on cards like Bloodlust and Unholy Ritual were put in place to make it less braindead easy to use both of those cards to hold your entire OL deck in your hand. By holding your entire deck in your hand, it means you hold a response to your heroes' every action. If they do anything, you can prevent them from doing so, or at least make them pay dearly for doing so. Once you play a card, heroes have to abide by its effects, whether they can handle it or not: A blood-raging monster, a full Reinforce, Unholy Ritual or a Reflective Ward MUST be dealt with in the same vein you must deal with their heroic feats; They just happen and you must deal. Heroes don't always have an answer to everything you do, so those card nerfs are a balance to ensure that you don't always have an answer for what they do either.

Does anything I've said make sense, or am I just a dottering old man again?

• Cursain, Robin and Kunzite like this

#22 thitan

thitan

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

nothing survive 4 hero atacking 2 times. and the other using hero feat to cure all.

#23 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

I agree with this 100% and approve of this message (PlainWhiteBreads)

Edited by Cursain, 12 September 2013 - 05:28 PM.

• PlainWhiteBread likes this

#24 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

nothing survive 4 hero atacking 2 times. and the other using hero feat to cure all.

I sat down on Monday and started a campaign, by myself, using Silhouette/TH and Steelhorns/Knight, Avric/DS and Widow Tarha/RuneMage to get familiar with the Shadow Rune campaign that's starting for my gaming group on the 21st.  I played through Firstblood, Masquerade Ball, and Fat goblin.

So far as OL I'm 1W 2L.

I have all expansions + CK and am using secret rooms, and wyrm quests.

Honestly, with some of the CK monsters + a couple blood frenzys + Basic 2 deck, it's easy to drop heroes when and where I want.

I haven't cheated on one roll.

I lost Firstblood, and Fatgoblin.  Fat Goblin was lost barely.  Now that I own the bones from Masquerade Ball watch out heroes.

#25 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

I sat down on Monday and started a campaign, by myself, using Silhouette/TH and Steelhorns/Knight, Avric/DS and Widow Tarha/RuneMage to get familiar with the Shadow Rune campaign that's starting for my gaming group on the 21st.  I played through Firstblood, Masquerade Ball, and Fat goblin.

So far as OL I'm 1W 2L.

Honestly, with some of the CK monsters + a couple blood frenzys + Basic 2 deck, it's easy to drop heroes when and where I want.

I lost Firstblood, and Fatgoblin.  Fat Goblin was lost barely.  Now that I own the bones from Masquerade Ball watch out heroes.

How's the money situation going?

#26 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

By the way, Masquerade Ball/encounter1 with Kobalds as your back open group, and Ogres as your front makes this quest  very easy to win as OL.

-Cursain

#27 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

So far as OL I'm 1W 2L.

How's the money situation going?

Until Masquerade Ball, heroes were making a killing.

#28 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

By the way, Masquerade Ball/encounter1 with Kobalds as your back open group, and Ogres as your front makes this quest  very easy to win as OL.

-Cursain

Shades are my goto for missions like that.  Fast, flying, numerous and can put a hard shot in if they need to.  Try them as the villager killers in Castle Daerion if you play that one.

• Cursain likes this

#29 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Shades are my goto for missions like that.  Fast, flying, numerous and can put a hard shot in if they need to.  Try them as the villager killers in Castle Daerion if you play that one.

I might try that during the actual campaign against my friends.  I chose the Ogres because of undying, + the knock back is easy to surge on, and moving heroes three spaces away was good for clearing holes.  My Kobalds start as nine and have scamper.  It's easy to run past any would-be hero blockers.  Midway through turn two, the six nearest tokens were easily revealed.

#30 PlainWhiteBread

PlainWhiteBread

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Masquerade Ball has to be one of the most OL-friendly encounters in the entire game (unless Heart of the Wilds has that laughably easy encounter 1 that leads to a one-turn wincon for the OL in encounter 2). Even if the heroes manage to make off with as many guests as they can, they can STILL fail the attribute roll at the end of the quest by having rotten luck; All the OL has to do at that point is block the first room with Shadow Dragons (or something equally nasty with the CK) and it's free sailing, free Bones of Woe.

If you're losing this encounter as the OL, you're either rolling terribly on the book tests to get through the door (which really isn't your fault) or you're just not grasping the OL basics, which doesn't justify crying that the OL is weak.

If you're that worried about heroes and their rampant acclimation of gold, make it so they have to choose between getting the gold and winning the encounter. Knock 'em down, make them waste turns picking each other up, while you scurry off to completing your goal, leaving traps behind you as your heroes burn fatigue and actions trying to make up for lost time.

#31 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Masquerade Ball has to be one of the most OL-friendly encounters in the entire game (unless Heart of the Wilds has that laughably easy encounter 1 that leads to a one-turn wincon for the OL in encounter 2). Even if the heroes manage to make off with as many guests as they can, they can STILL fail the attribute roll at the end of the quest by having rotten luck; All the OL has to do at that point is block the first room with Shadow Dragons (or something equally nasty with the CK) and it's free sailing, free Bones of Woe.

If you're losing this encounter as the OL, you're either rolling terribly on the book tests to get through the door (which really isn't your fault) or you're just not grasping the OL basics, which doesn't justify crying that the OL is weak.

If you're that worried about heroes and their rampant acclimation of gold, make it so they have to choose between getting the gold and winning the encounter. Knock 'em down, make them waste turns picking each other up, while you scurry off to completing your goal, leaving traps behind you as your heroes burn fatigue and actions trying to make up for lost time.

The party doesn't lose a turn when they get knocked down.  They lose an action.  It's about as affective as a stun, except you get another card (and they get two red dice of healing).

Also, I don't agree with your implication that OLs who don't win this encounter are rolling poorly or not grasping the basics.  I'm sure their are many party combinations that can give them an edge.  In addition, we were discussing a certain party who a) can't be blocked at the entrance by Shadow Dragons and b) do not need to use large amounts of time to gather all the treasures, as it usually takes only one action.

#32 PlainWhiteBread

PlainWhiteBread

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Your job as the OL is to ensure that 'picking them up' costs more than just one action. While yes, the rules say that picking up the hero costs only one action, keeping him alive can cost many more actions. Leaving even just ONE of your monsters within striking distance -- or even on top of the downed hero -- will mean someone else has to spend actions defeat that monster first; A hero may stand up on his own as his only action that turn, meaning he's a sitting duck for any monsters that happen to be lurking nearby.

As a note, If a hero is defeated by a monster, he's not restored to full like your monsters are; He's at 2-6 HP and has full fatigue unless he rolls a surge on those two red power dice. Whatever monster that killed him is more than likely still within attacking distance. If the heroes just spend the one action to revive the hero, he's still fairly weak, having (on average) 1/4 to 1/2 of his HP (depending on how much HP the hero has) and maybe has a fatigue to spend. If he chooses to stay and fight, you can easily knock him back down if your monster lives. If he chooses to run, give chase; He'll only die tired. In the event your monster does die... You do have more than one monster, don't you? Anyone who chooses to fight off the monsters for him so he can rest and recover is spending their actions to do so, thus my initial statement of 'ensuring picking them up costs more than just one action'.

If you're having problems with heroes moving monsters, you have to capitalize on how they're doing it. Steelhorns' Heroic Feat -- as I said before, you have to deal with it the same way heroes have to deal with you playing your cards -- can only be done once per encounter. Knowing that, why don't you force him to use it early? After burning his feat on that initial blockade, regroup and form another one. Then what is he going to do?

As for Silhouette -- or any Treasure Hunter class -- the starting whip, while it has reach, it is still a melee weapon. Shadow Dragons require at least one surge to even hit in the first place; The Treasure Hunter has to roll two surges on a Blue/Yellow die to force it to move. While yes, Blue/Yellow rolls more surges than say, Blue/Red, it still has to happen first. If you're using Basic II, the Uncontrolled Power card allows you to spend her surges, one of which you can make her take a fatigue, then spend the other on the move ability; the attack will miss because she didn't spend the surge to hit the dragon in the first place. Also, she isn't going to have a weapon with that move ability forever, as there are a LOT of tempting options in the shop decks that will have her selling her starter weapon. Blue/Yellow won't take her very far in Act II.

And for Pete's sake, sometimes these things just happen. There's a reason characters like Steelhorns and Silhouette are 'beginner' heroes; they're really good! I just went on a HUGE tirade about how the Warlord OL deck makes the others look less appealing by comparison; If they're going to play OP characters with you, play the OP Overlord deck. Even Silhouette or Steelhorns can't feat if they're dead, and even when revived, they probably won't want to end up separated from the group at low health and full fatigue.

Ask anyone, hero or OL, who usually wins the Masquerade Ball; Odds are likely you'll be told the OL usually wins. The few instances I've heard of the OL actually losing this encounter was because they didn't have the 'easy way' through the attribute-test doors, and kept failing at the door for several turns before the heroes caught up. My own experiences with this quest fell along the common line; The OL won encounter 1 because all the guests were far away from the heroes to start, plus we failed the roll at the end of the encounter, and because of that she was able to shove Shadow Dragons and Cave Spiders in our path to allow Eliza the insurmountable lead she needed to win.

Edited by PlainWhiteBread, 12 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#33 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

So Steelhorns moves the monsters for Silhouette.  I don't know why you're counting her surges.  If you're playing in a group where Silhouette actually needs to attack to get around the board, maybe your heroes haven't grasped the basics.

As for knocking heroes down again as soon as they stand up, what monster are you using that does 3 reds worth of damage a turn in one attack?  Because that's what a raising hero usually gets.  Disciple stands them up, then prayer of healing.  3 red dice.  Is your monster attacking twice every round?  Because I don't know where you're getting 8-9 damage after defense rolls.  And yeah, Silhouette and Steelhorns can use their feats when dead.  Avric just stands them up first.  Then they use their feat.  Knocking players down really isn't that effective.  Especially when you get a tripwire from it and they're basically immune.  And if not, they probably get a skill check anyways.

As for your comments about Warlord cards Reinforce and Bloodlust, we're talking about an Act 1 quest here.  Where are you getting 6 xp from?

-----

Anyways...  The thing OP was actually discussing in this thread is how only the OL seems to be getting nerfed by the FAQs.  All this talk about heroes' feats are just helping to show off other things that could be nerfed concerning the party, which have not been addressed.  I feels that the OL is being stripped of what advantages he has.

#34 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

One small detail about shadow dragons "shadow" ability. It ONLY works on adjacent models. Models with reach or range are not affected by it one bit, unless they are adjacent to the shadow dragon they are attacking....unless it's been FAQ'd.

Cursain

Edited by Cursain, 12 September 2013 - 08:41 PM.

• AltWren likes this

#35 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

One small detail about shadow dragons "shadow" ability.  It ONLY works on adjacent models.  Models with reach or range are not affected by it one bit....unless it's been FAQ'd.

Cursain

Good point and thank you.

#36 PlainWhiteBread

PlainWhiteBread

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Okay, so we're not seeing eye to eye on this. I'm willing to concede on the whole mess with Shadow Dragons and being moved by a weapon with Reach. I still say she's probably not going to keep that weapon forever, but you have to be willing to actually play the rest of the game to find out if she will.

My first lengthy article was about the OL in general, that the cards Bloodlust, Reinforce and Unholy Ritual were being nerfed in the sense of game balance; As it stood per the base game with four heroes -- the standard that most people play Descent -- Bloodlust gave the OL five cards for defeating a hero; One per hero in the game, plus the standard one for defeating a hero. Unholy Ritual gives the OL, stuck with Zombies or a group with 4+ monsters four additional cards, at the cost of that group receiving one less action. That's nine cards total, or 3/5ths of their entire deck. Considering the OL starts their first turn with five cards, it is possible to draw 14 of the OL's deck of 15 cards. Reinforce simply dropped an entire monster group within 3 spaces of the heroes, who can activate that turn and wreak havoc. The heroes can do nothing to stop any of this from happening. With the OL holding most of their cards, they cycle through the ones they use very quickly, meaning they will always have these cards in their hand. Do you see now, why they applied the errata to these cards?

Then you come in here complaining you can't stop Steelhorns and Silhouette -- two VERY SPECIFIC HEROES -- from moving your monsters; to which I tried to explain to you to tough it out and think about the long-term game. Your initial losses here mean little once you get your big-boy OL cards, and you can still win the campaign by defeating all the heroes in the finale even if you never win a single encounter. No matter how many goodies they have, no matter what they blow their gold on, you will always have the tools to make sure they die. You cited the Disciple's healing ability as a problem you face routinely; The Disciple's heal in Act II still only rolls one red power die for healing. Sure, it gets a bunch of other bonuses for that turn only, but when you're rolling Blue/Red/Red or Blue/Red/Yellow, that little red die won't amount to much, especially when surges are added.

Also, since you're dealing with Conversion Kit heroes, how about you make better use of your Conversion Kit monsters? Even early in Act I, Monsters with Sorcery X (Sorcerors, Chaos Beasts) turn excess range into FREE DAMAGE, monsters with Stealthy (Deep Elves, Wendigos) need three extra range to be hit by an attack at all, and anything with Pierce 2, 3 or even 4 (Shades, Ferroxes, Deep Elves) will nullify most of the heroes' defense rolls, and these abilities only get better (or worse if you're a hero) in Act II. As an action, those Shades and Ferroxes can use leech; Targeting a hero with low Might (Avric only has a might of 2!), you can roll a yellow die and sap his health and fatigue. If Steelhorns and Silhouette are that much of a problem, you need the Golems. The Golems are immune to pierce and conditions and the Master Golem cannot be moved unless you allow it to move. Coupled that they have a lot of health, good defense dice and roll decent attack dice, you can stick them in the way and watch these so-called 'unstoppable forces' meet the immovable object.

You're selling yourself unbelivably short by throwing in the towel and crying foul because you're being bushwacked by heroes who are using their potential abilities better than you are. Read your OL cards, look at your monsters' abilities and adapt to what your heroes are doing. If you're not having fun being the OL, stick someone else with the job. Be a hero and see it from the other side; Stare down a Blood Raged monster with Frenzy or Flurry rolling Blue/Red/Red three times while only rolling a gray defense die. Then after you and the monster die, watch it reappear during the reinforcement phase at full health while someone else has to stand you up at significantly less health than the monster that killed you. You'll see just how "fair" the game can get if you're willing to stick it out.

Edited by PlainWhiteBread, 12 September 2013 - 09:40 PM.

• Robin likes this

#37 AltWren

AltWren

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I am not questioning why these cards have been errataed.  I am pointing out that the OP feels only the OL gets nerfed in errata and I agree this is the case.  My complains about Steelhorns are warranted, as they allow his party to complete a quest before the OL can have a turn.  This should be repaired and never be the case.  There should be no scenario in which a player can lose before they get to play.  If you disagree with that point then you are right; if you believe a player should lose before having a turn, we will never see eye to eye.

Silhouette is actually a character another OL (as in, not me) had a problem with and posted asking for strategies dealing with her (which no one has been able to present).  However many of us can see the issues she creates and another poster is working on his own set of rules to handle it in another thread.  We showed how she can be used to get 250 gold a map with very little effort when played in the base game.

For my monster chooses, I enjoy monsters that can survive the initial round a lot more than the pile of corpses Shades and Ferroxes become (not that they don't have their uses, see me comments about Castle Daerion above)  Sorcerers too are a little fragile.  A quick blast can finish them off easily (and let me stop you right there before you say don't stand them beside each other.  They're being herded together by the same characters we've been discussing.)

One thing that never came into our play-sessions was stealthy, and that's because the party had no ranged characters.  Now, I do believe I've seen some talk about stealthy actually requiring a melee attack to roll 3 range to hit as well.  If that's true, it plays to the exact reason I stopped playing.  This game is about discovering the newest exploit each time the group meets, be it moving while Immobilized, teleporting figures because of adjacency problems, heroic feats vastly outpowering the other characters in their archetype, figures shooting through walls due to the strangest LOS rules in history, familiars not giving bonuses when a monster stands on them because "that's not adjacent" or rulings handed down from FFG to forums the go completely against what is written in the manuals.  It contains encounters that boil down to a single die-roll or two, and will punish a failure with hours of play that you know you have no chance of turning into a victory.  Every expansion and new product offer the potential to provide a more balanced experience, but all they do is steadily raise the level of power available, making older resources obsolete, in an attempt to get players to purchase the newest addition.  It has led to an unenjoyable experience for my group.

Believe me, I wish I could share in your experiences, and play in a game where everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.  I probably would enjoy being a hero more, but I'm the only one in my group willing to be OL.  Another player would do it, but he's said flat out he'd rather be a hero, and I don't mind losing, I just don't like sitting in place for hours doing nothing.  Also, we've had a campaign where I crushed the heroes.  Don't know if you noticed that with all your talk of me complaining about being beaten by the heroes.  I think you're misunderstanding the issues I'm having.  Not that it matters.

(I wanted to try bolding a bunch of stuff too this post.  Is fun.)

Edited by AltWren, 12 September 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#38 PlainWhiteBread

PlainWhiteBread

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

I had another lengthy post on this, but if all this culminates in the fact that the game's not your group's cup of tea, I'll save my words.

Try Arkham Horror if you haven't already. That's a blast with a group, and you all get to work together against the board. It's honestly a ton of fun.

#39 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

In the case of Descent, it seems to be a quasi-obsessional topic, that takes a place that I don't remember I  ever have seen with other games (e.g. RuneAge, Arkham Horror, SmallWorld, Starcraft, Talisman, Advanced Squad Leader, which are among the games I that I play and with which forums I interact).

I am still interested about the deep reasons of the phenomenon. I now have nearly made my mind that the (recurrent) debates about Descent being unbalanced are more about players venting their frustrations than about reaching to serious conclusions.

Could the fact that, in comparison to RuneAge, Arkham Horror, SmallWorld, Starcraft, Talisman and Advanced Squad Leader, this conversation takes place so often and so many people come to vent frustration not indicate there may indeed be some global problem?

I really don't think so.

One could criticize the "balance" of all those other games with about the same arguments brought up here.

There are debates, in all those games, about more or less powerfull combos, more or less balanced specific scenarios, etc.

But the players have the common sense not slam on the table global judgements about those games' alledged unbalance.

They also are reasonable enough to understand that games involving luck (usually dice and card draws) simply cannot offer a perfect global balance. Skill helps attenuate the effects of randomness, but cannot prevent bad luck.

When I see Descent players complain that the game is unbalanced because their heroes (or monsters) rolled three successive "X" results, I am wondering if they integrated the fact that there are many luck factors involved.

In addition, if there were a global problem, there would be a global consensus.

But there is none. None.

Some people are vocal that the OL is OP, others that the heroes are OP and others don't see any dramatical unbalance in the game.

I really think that the phenomenon is a strange twist of the mind of some Descent players - or perhaps do pre-existing complaints about balance lead to some imitation threads ?

So, if you put aside all opinions which rely upon belief or which are based on partial data, you simply find nothing that can give you a clear answer about the game's global unbalance.

And that would seem to me an indication that there is no global problem of a global unbalance leaning towards only one direction.

Looking for global balance is an illusion.

Wanting global balance is forgetting that luck and multiple factors make the endeavour impossible to reach.

Balance is a myth.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#40 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

I had another lengthy post on this, but if all this culminates in the fact that the game's not your group's cup of tea, I'll save my words.

Try Arkham Horror if you haven't already. That's a blast with a group, and you all get to work together against the board. It's honestly a ton of fun.

I fully agree with you: the problem is much more about the subjective expectations than about hard facts.

BTW, Arkham Horror is a blast (I am fond of that game too)... but would people who are so worried about "balance" suffer the fact that some games can depend on crucial dice rolls? You know, when Ithaqa, at the moment of the big confrontation, eliminates your Machine Gun and other essential items, reaping victory with a couple of nasty die rolls?

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS