We haven't played with Anders yet, so
I haven't seen him in action, but what's so terrible about him?
I'm mostly a vanilla BSG player so there may be something an expansion adds that I'm not taking into account.
- He gets green, that's good.
- He gets purple, he can scout if there's nothing else to do. We tend ti distrust our admirals.
- He gets red maybe, we tend to ignore the cylons unless we draw 3+ CAC's before the next jump, so this doesn't bother us. Kinda sucks if you depend on your Pilot.
- He can dump his hand for green. That doesn't sound terrible. If you need a pilot, he can dump for red.
- He can pass a die roll. Not too hot. Haven't counted how many die rolls there are in the game, but he could pull a Boomer argument if he's brigged. Maybe.
If he's a Cylon:
- Hand doesn't fill up with red, so tanking a skill check is an option if you're into that kind of thing.
- He can scout and dump a destination with adequate distance, or a resource loss that isn't isn't going to hurt too much.
- Dumping his hand for green potentially hoards some needed XO's.
- He can auto-fail a roll just before revealing. Dunno how valuable that is though.
Is he that bad? I played Roslin twice so far while the crisis deck manip was cool, being President, but not really, or not being able to activate a location because I wanted to hold my IC's wasn't much fun at all.