Card storage for WF

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Brian2112

Brian2112

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Plain white card boxes work well for the full size cards in the game.  How do you store the smaller cards?  I keep them in the main set box right now with the tokens in bags to keep them from moving around too much.

It's a common size with FFG and I cannot figure out why they haven't come out with deck storage boxes for the odd size cards.

• Emirikol likes this

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I've found the most effective way is to use album sheets in a 3 ring binder.

The 4x5" sheet size cards can be stored in 4x5" album sheets (4 to a page..you'll have to order these, but I guarantee you'll love having them for the career sheets, etc.

The little cards fit great 2 to a slot with regular card sized album sheets.

I don't store the basic action cards.  I stick them in a zyplock along with other stuff that I don't need sorted.  I use my Adventurer's toolkit box to store my dice and have the stash out in front of everybody.

Lastly, I HIGHLY recommend using an album sheet for your players to put their cards into as well as simply a zyplock (gallon) for each player rather than those dinky little tuck boxes.

jh

Edited by Emirikol, 09 September 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#3 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

My storage solution for cards, tokens, dice etc:

https://dl.dropboxus...55200/raaco.JPG

Action cards I have in binders.

It keeps everything organized, and makes transportation of the game quite a bit easier.

• JA_42 likes this

#4 Kintaro1

Kintaro1

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Recently I ran cross a box used to hold small strips of ceramic edge tiles. The boxes these came in are EXACTLY the correct size for these cards, so I use those. Might be pretty easy to open one up (they're not glued), list a pic and provide dimensions.
I haven't done it yet, but I planned on opening one up and tracing it out to simply cut out more for a friend of mine.
I can't promise anything, since I'm otherwise pretty busy, but I'll try to get something up in the next day or two.

#5 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

Raaco all the way for me

Box2.JPGBox3.JPGbox4.JPGBox5.JPGbox6.JPGBox1.JPG

• k7e9, brrak and ElCommi like this

#6 Brian2112

Brian2112

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Raaco all the way for me

Getting red 'x' for the pictures.  Is there a specific model you use?  I found the Racco brand on eBay for sale.

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Image shows up on google chrome.  You can right click on image and go directly to it.

#8 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I use:

1. Multicase, 33,8x26,1 cm, no inserts
  2. Insert, 109x79 mm, Model A7-1 for action cards

3. Insert, 157x109 mm, Model A6-1, for characters, party sheets ans all of that size

4. Insert, 79x55 mm, Model A8-1, for talents cards sized stuff

• ElCommi likes this

#9 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

It seems that the Pathfinder game has gotten to the level of worrying about storage: http://paizo.com/thr...tore-the-pawns 

jh

• k7e9 and ElCommi like this

#10 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

I store the larger character cards in a ziplock bag in the original box - the campaigns I haven't run, (monsters abilities/maps etc) are stored in ziplock bags to make it easier to start the campaigns.
Abilities & location cards are stored in an A4 ring binder with MTG slieves - can get a box of 100 for around £15ish.

For player careers I use giant freezer bags (Essentially very large zip lock bags)

During play I use a business card holder for things like Wounds/insanities etc. And also had a friend make me a bunch of these: to save space on the table. They can hold 4 ability cards side by side.

#11 Thorfred

Thorfred

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

Hello.

A bit of thread necromancy, but I have recently realized I am truly in need of a better storage system for this game than the one I have had so far (everything in mini grip pouches tucked into the main box and one other). I have found a couple of possible solutions and would like to ask your opinion.

One thing I found is this universal box from e-raptor online shop from poland:

http://e-raptor.pl/e...iversal-Box/816

What would you say, could that be used to accomodate everything? With everything I mean most of the things =D. I have:

1. Core set

2. Adventurer's toolkit

3. Game master's toolkit

4. All expansions excluding Lure of Power that contain the info of the Big Four

5. Gathering Storm.

The other fitting solution could be the same Raaco system Gallows uses. I would like to ask from those that have used Raaco storageboxes: How many of these would be needed?

https://www.karkkain...-case-lokerikko

It seems to be bigger than Gallows', but as it costs 29€ around here, I would not want to buy too many.

#12 Noelyuk

Noelyuk

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

Holy Crap!

Those are some pretty expensive storage options. 65 Euros for a box seems WAAAY expensive to me. I picked up all the storage containers I use including both binders and storage boxes for a about 20+ euros all in. From Hardware shops nr me. But i'm in Asia so...

If you've got your heart set on it it'll do a job but there's got to be way cheaper options than that I would have thought.

Edited by Noelyuk, 02 September 2014 - 08:26 AM.

• ElCommi likes this

#13 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

I got mine from a Fishing shop locally for a few £'s.

£60 is way too much imo.

#14 Thorfred

Thorfred

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

I am beginning to think the one box is too expensive, 65€ is a lot. Still the other option would not be much cheaper anyway. i know some things can be bought cheap, even in Finland, but somehow the Raaco for example seems to be quite perfect. I have used between 500-700€ (the listing above is sorely lacking when I read it through again) to the game already, thus I would not mind using some money to get a storage system for it. I want something that is at least good, if not great. Mediocre will not do.

• ElCommi likes this

#15 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

Have a look in some of the local fishing stores. You can get some pretty sturdy tackle boxes at a reasonable price - that's where mine came from.

#16 Thorfred

Thorfred

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

@ElCommi: I will probably do that as soon as I find time. Did you look at hardware stores? Just wondering about the general costs of things, if somekind of places are clearly cheaper than others.

#17 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

I looked at some of the larger hardware stores around here. They were priced much higher than else where, and often weren't as customizable.
The ones I used are very similar to this: http://www.amazon.co..._bxgy_diy_img_z.

Although my tackle shop sold them a lot cheaper (and sturdier too by the looks of that one). For the cards I use a4 ring binders and MTG album slieves.

#18 MasterGamer

MasterGamer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

One thing I found is this universal box from e-raptor online shop from poland:

http://e-raptor.pl/e...iversal-Box/816

I see some discounts today at this boxes...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS