Card storage for WF

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Brian2112

Brian2112

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Plain white card boxes work well for the full size cards in the game.  How do you store the smaller cards?  I keep them in the main set box right now with the tokens in bags to keep them from moving around too much.

It's a common size with FFG and I cannot figure out why they haven't come out with deck storage boxes for the odd size cards.

• Emirikol likes this

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I've found the most effective way is to use album sheets in a 3 ring binder.

The 4x5" sheet size cards can be stored in 4x5" album sheets (4 to a page..you'll have to order these, but I guarantee you'll love having them for the career sheets, etc.

The little cards fit great 2 to a slot with regular card sized album sheets.

I don't store the basic action cards.  I stick them in a zyplock along with other stuff that I don't need sorted.  I use my Adventurer's toolkit box to store my dice and have the stash out in front of everybody.

Lastly, I HIGHLY recommend using an album sheet for your players to put their cards into as well as simply a zyplock (gallon) for each player rather than those dinky little tuck boxes.

jh

Edited by Emirikol, 09 September 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#3 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

My storage solution for cards, tokens, dice etc:

https://dl.dropboxus...55200/raaco.JPG

Action cards I have in binders.

It keeps everything organized, and makes transportation of the game quite a bit easier.

• JA_42 likes this

#4 Kintaro1

Kintaro1

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Recently I ran cross a box used to hold small strips of ceramic edge tiles. The boxes these came in are EXACTLY the correct size for these cards, so I use those. Might be pretty easy to open one up (they're not glued), list a pic and provide dimensions.
I haven't done it yet, but I planned on opening one up and tracing it out to simply cut out more for a friend of mine.
I can't promise anything, since I'm otherwise pretty busy, but I'll try to get something up in the next day or two.

#5 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

Raaco all the way for me

Box2.JPGBox3.JPGbox4.JPGBox5.JPGbox6.JPGBox1.JPG

• k7e9, brrak and ElCommi like this

#6 Brian2112

Brian2112

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Raaco all the way for me

Getting red 'x' for the pictures.  Is there a specific model you use?  I found the Racco brand on eBay for sale.

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Image shows up on google chrome.  You can right click on image and go directly to it.

#8 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I use:

1. Multicase, 33,8x26,1 cm, no inserts
  2. Insert, 109x79 mm, Model A7-1 for action cards

3. Insert, 157x109 mm, Model A6-1, for characters, party sheets ans all of that size

4. Insert, 79x55 mm, Model A8-1, for talents cards sized stuff

• ElCommi likes this

#9 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

It seems that the Pathfinder game has gotten to the level of worrying about storage: http://paizo.com/thr...tore-the-pawns 

jh

• k7e9 and ElCommi like this

#10 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

I store the larger character cards in a ziplock bag in the original box - the campaigns I haven't run, (monsters abilities/maps etc) are stored in ziplock bags to make it easier to start the campaigns.
Abilities & location cards are stored in an A4 ring binder with MTG slieves - can get a box of 100 for around £15ish.

For player careers I use giant freezer bags (Essentially very large zip lock bags)

During play I use a business card holder for things like Wounds/insanities etc. And also had a friend make me a bunch of these: to save space on the table. They can hold 4 ability cards side by side.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS