3 clicks 14 credits?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

OK I apologize up front because I don't have my cards in front of me so please bear with me. There is a card for Jinteki that has what looks like a dump truck on it, it reads along the lines of for 3 clicks gain 7 credits. Can I install two of these, in sepperate servers of courae, then be able to take 14 credits for the three clicks in my turn? Have looked all over for a similar question and have not found it.

On a side note for the corporation, if I trash my own asset when replacing it with another asset or agenda, do I have to pay the trash fee if it has one?

Thanks

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

At a restaurant, a beer costs 5 dollars.

At the same restaurant, a burger costs 5 dollars.

You have 5 dollars. Can you buy both a burger and a beer?

You pay 3 clicks to get 7 credits with Melange Mining Corp #1.

You'd like to pay 3 clicks to get 7 credits with Melange Mining Corp #2 but you don't have any left.

#3 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

OK thanks. So it would make no sense then to install duplicates like such for the most part.

#4 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

As for your second question, the trash cost is only relevant for the runner. You do not need to pay any trash costs when trashing cards as part of an install action.

#5 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

OK thanks. So it would make no sense then to install duplicates like such for the most part.

For the effect, no. Although Melange is pretty cheap to trash, so you might want to have a duplicate ready to go if you're really relying on having it.

#6 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

For the effect, no. Although Melange is pretty cheap to trash, so you might want to have a duplicate ready to go if you're really relying on having it.

Now THERE'S a risk/reward conundrum - do you risk keeping one unrezzed in another remote on the off-chance your rezzed one gets destroyed? Guess that discussion belongs in a strategy topic though, not a rules one :P

#7 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

It would be a pretty power move to use some HB abilities like Director Haas and Mandatory Upgrades and Efficiency Experts to spend 6 clicks on Melange in one turn though.

#8 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

It would be a pretty power move to use some HB abilities like Director Haas and Mandatory Upgrades and Efficiency Experts to spend 6 clicks on Melange in one turn though.

Lemme tell ya, nothing feels quite like it. :)

I eventually pulled the Melange from that deck, as they were to hard to protect. But sometimes.. sometimes I want to add them back in.

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 6 A-Wing, 6 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS