• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Happy birthday Talisman from your birth country!

• Lilikin likes this

#22 rocknrollfantasy

rocknrollfantasy

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

If anyone wants to play in or around Seattle tonight let me know! I love this game, though it doesn't get taken seriously by many gamers. It's fantastically fun and a game I started playing about 25 years ago!

#23 golgothika

golgothika

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Happy Birthday Talisman! Starting the celebrating on Nov-1, we've played the edition corresponding to the date:1st edition on Nov 1,etc. Today's final game will be the 2nd edition with all expansions and the Greater Outer Region board,and many homebrew cards. So many good memories in these game boxes! The table is cleared,we have our snacks. Let the battle begin.

#24 Samanar

Samanar

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Happy birthday from Poland!

Happy user of wonderful Magia i Miecz 2nd edition + Talisman 4th revised. 

Couldn't resist :)

PS. FFG - where is my next expansion? 

Edited by Samanar, 05 November 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#25 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well, I've made an update to Talisman Island with a nice little piece by Bob Harris about the beginnings of the Talisman legend and that "surprise" I mentioned way back when.

http://www.talismanisland.com/

I hope you enjoy it and get a kick out of the "new guy".

Just a reminder that if anyone wants to send me a picture of their celebratory games of Talisman, then just email them to me via the site and I will get them in a gallery as soon as I can!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#26 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Happy 30th Anniversary Talisman and Talisman fans!

I remember, I was in the Air Force, probably my 2nd year, maybe 1987. I was stationed in Grand Forks AFB ND, and went to a game shop in Grand Forks. It was an grubby worn down shop inside an old house. It probably was my 2nd or 3rd time there, not sure. And I saw Talisman for sale for the 1st time. I probably saw the 1st and 2nd expansions. Not to sure if I bought the game on my 1st spotting of it or the next visit. I was there looking for gaming stuff. Nothing in particular and never heard or seen Talisman before. But I am fairly sure I bought the expansions on my next visit after buying the main game, having played it and loved it! (Tho, thinking more about it now, I may have found the 2nd expansion shortly afterwards, and then a year or 2 later got Timescape.)

I played the game with co-workers, and when on my 2nd shift we played it quite often. I of coarse, brought it with me back home and introduced it to my friends while on leave.

When I left the Air Force I got rid of my 2nd edition of Talisman, and years later my friends bought the 4th edition and later even got the 2nd edition. Just a month ago or so I obtained a copy of the 2nd edition with all expansions except the rare Dragon. And I also bought the 4th edition with all but 3 expansions (which I don't think I want).

So Happy Anniversary Talisman. A great game my friends and I have enjoyed for many years! And hopefully many more to come. I now play Talisman with my youngest son as well.

Edited by DomaGB, 05 November 2013 - 06:11 PM.

• Julia likes this

#27 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

We had a 11 hour game here in Norrköping, Sweden at IUVO-gaming.

My 3D-board had the main table in the window, and some younger gamers got the opportunity to explore the Swedish 2nd edition of the game, next to us.

At the big table we were 8 players (Tavern maid, Wizard, Dragon rider, Assassin, Vampire hunter, Bounty hunter, Tinkerer and the Cleric joined after some turns).

We used All expansions, dragon tower, and some house rules. Ice queen, my gray and black end-dices etc.

The Assassin had to quit after some hours, and left his stuff in the Highlands.

Later the Cleric and the Wizard both was killed by the Reaper, just some turns apart.

Enter the Minotaur (Wizard player. Cleric player had to go).

The Bounty hunter got the Sacrifical stone, and manage to draw a ivory dragon, since the main deck hade several dragon king cards on it's top at the moment. Instantly killed, the Bounty hunter was replaced by the Sprite.

Closing in to midnight, the Reaper did his third kill, finishing of the Dragon rider and the Werewolf ate the Vampire hunter, leaving the Tavern maid, minotaur, Sprite and Tinkerer for the endgame.

All but the Sprite was pretty powerful by now and was racing through the dragon tower. The Tavern maid took the lead, followed by the Minotaur and finally the Tinkerer while the Sprite explored the city through the eyes of a toad.

The Minotaur had some problems with enemies in the dragon tower and the Tinkerer manage to pass him.

The Tavern maid finally reached the inner chamber of the Crown of Command and opened the door to claim victory but stared right into the Horrible black void.

The Tinkerer was next in, and Battle royal was initiated. The cunning Tinkerer used a army of automated followers and a relic to boost strength from each follower to finish of the Minotaur and the Sprite, thus claiming the Crown of command and being the ultimate 30th anniversary champion of the world of Talisman.

30th.jpg

Both veteran and new players. Yours truly can be spotted as a reflection in the window.

Edited by Draii, 06 November 2013 - 12:28 PM.

• Captain Clegg likes this

#28 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Great picture!

Stay tuned for a small update to the "Talisman 30" page on Talisman Island next week, when I will be showing a little more of our new adventurer friend.

#29 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Happy Birthday, Talisman!  You gave me lots of great times when I was a kid, playing with friends who are gone now.  I think of my friend Staecy, who died ten years ago, whenever I play this great game.  I was away from it for 20 years until I saw the 4th ed. in a shop window and rediscovered my childhood.  Here's to good friends and how they stay with us long after they're gone.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#30 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Just to let you know, that with the graphical help of Peter (azoic), I will be making a "Revised" version of The Compleat Adventurer available on Talisman Island.

So you can use this guy...

tal30_compleat_fan.png

... in your Revised 4th Edition of Talisman...

tal30_compleat_fan_rev.png

He'll be available soon as soon as I can update the page.

#31 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Awesome!  Now it's just a matter of tracking down the old Citadel miniature!

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#32 Beld VanGuard

Beld VanGuard

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Few pictures from "The Happy Birthday Talisman!" event I ran at our local game store Heroes Haven. Had 1 vet and all new players, I basically "DM'ed" the event as it were. Along with hilarious combat descriptions.

Here is our setup pic and my "DM" area

1379479_10151719066161625_977871752_n.jp

Here is after the chaos and horrid rampant death

1422356_10151720112976625_1953725380_n.j

Here is the group picture (I'm taking it so I'm missing, and some had to go, as it was a long game. Note our winner Pete on his victory throne holding his mighty Valkyrie card triumphanty. Was his first game ever too. He managed to absorb 4 enemy spells alive, get drained down to 1 HP from the Vampire Tower, and defeat a Teleporting on his head full health angry Minotaur right at the end. Was an epic victory!

1462924_10151720112996625_579173530_n.jp

Oh I wish this was an official FFG supported Tournament product heh.

#33 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Nice!

So one win for the Tinkerer, and one for the Valkyrie so far. Any more winners from games from the event?

Fun to see that we both use the carcassonne tower for the adventure cards. FFG should make official Talisman card-holders =)

#34 pyrefly1986

pyrefly1986

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

In my  30th anniversary game  I finally won talisman (the first time in over a decade) using the Ghoul...it was a close one and The managerie pet "Wart" is what really saved me as I was attacked on the crown of command by a truly terrifying powerful barmaid on a warhorse whom got turned into a toad and crushed :)

#35 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

*imagines a powerful barmaid on a warhorse*

*sigh*

:D
  • Zozimus likes this

#36 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

My son, who is 11 and has fallen in love with the game, and I played this last weekend, I told him it was for the anniversary. He was winning with the Tavern Maid, and I had the Prophetess, but eventually I got away from the Tavern Maid to get enough gold and go buy a warhorse and I won the game.

I prefer a smaller game board world so its harder to hide in and hopefully a quicker game, I do not play with Highland.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS