Wanted some ship advice for new campaign

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

An example is if I do the out of the main book and just decide you are getting 70 SP.  I think the repulsive costs like what, 70 points.  So now you have nothing really aside from the hull and basic stuff to make the thing go vroom vroom.  If I take the expansion warrant of trade path thingie, I think you max out at like 68 or 69 points, which is just shy of the whole GC idea.  When I go through character paths I see a few instances of +1 profit, but nothing that says +1 SP.

IIRC, the Warrant path can get you 72 ship points at most - I might be wrong.

The Dynasty "homeworld" (in Into the Storm) gives you +3 extra Ship Point per character taking it.

#22 Errant Knight

Errant Knight

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Well I don't know about the rules lawyers, but us non-Monte Haulers don't go for that jazz.  Once I start the PCs out with a Grand Cruiser, and oh yeah, toss in some archeotech macrobatteries that I have to house rule, and um, an archeotech drive that actually powers all the glitter glued onto the hull, and uh, some pizza, then what do they have to adventure for?  A paint job?

I say give 'em a Vagabond and pack it with a murderous crew that only wants to get within boarding distance of a better ship.  It makes for more exciting stories, the kind that are still told decades later.  People don't tend to reminisce on that campaign where the GM "gave" them a GC to start out with.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS