Tome of Decay / Rot / Generally Not Looking Very Healthy

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

To be honest, it seems to just be Black Crusade that's struggling. Only War got another supplement announced awhile back (already have more books then BC if you include splat books) and Rogue Trader recently got Faith and Coin. Dark Heresy is getting a complete remake to update the rules to the newer aptitude system. 

Seems Black Crusade wasn't all that popular...

#82 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

They've taken long enough that I don't even care if it ever gets released. I've moved on. Tome of what? So what.

=][=

#83 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

They really should finish the 4 gods books. Nurgle is also my favourite - would really be a pitty if he wouldnt get a tome.

• Adeptus-B likes this

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#84 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

They've taken long enough that I don't even care if it ever gets released. I've moved on. Tome of what? So what.

They seem to have pretty much abandoned the line, so I expect Black Crusade to linger until cancelled officially.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#85 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

I could be wrong, but I suspect the delay is the result of a 'brain drain' caused by having to re-write DH2.

#86 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

To be honest, it seems to just be Black Crusade that's struggling. Only War got another supplement announced awhile back (already have more books then BC if you include splat books) and Rogue Trader recently got Faith and Coin. Dark Heresy is getting a complete remake to update the rules to the newer aptitude system. 

Seems Black Crusade wasn't all that popular...

Black crusade was always a sort of "niche" game within the 40k rpg's That said, I hope ffg at least manages to complete the fourth tomb so we can have a complete set.

#87 ArthurB

ArthurB

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

Increasingly FFG seem to be only announcing new 40K RPG supplements when they're just about ready to send them to the printer, so unless anyone's got some special insight as to what's going on behind the scene we're sort of guessing in the dark here.

That said, Adeptus-B's point about the DH2 rewrite diverting work away from other supplements rings true to me. Black Crusade might be a more niche game within the 40K RPGs, but since DH2 is going to be more in line with the Black Crusade/Only War "40K Roleplay 1.5" approach that means that Black Crusade books will actually be really good sources of adversaries for DH2, so hopefully we'll get some Nurgley love* once DH2 is done (shouldn't be too long since the beta's wrapping up).

* I imagine Nurgley love involving Father Nurgle tucking you into bed when you have the sniffles. And then giving your sniffles superpowers.

• Tenebrae likes this

#88 Tamati Khan

Tamati Khan

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

It'll never happen  :D

Tamati "Tom" Khan

1983 - 2014

Was happiest when discussing all things Miniature Wargaming and Star Wars.

#89 Traejun

Traejun

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

It'll never happen  :D

Was waiting for this...

#90 Azure Consul

Azure Consul

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

I was so happy to see this announcement after the near comatose nature of BC. With the release of his supplement what is the future of BC? And as a whole what is the future of Warhammer 40k rpg? Does anyone believe that the other lines will be re-released after DH 2nd Edition? 

#91 Vandegraffe

Vandegraffe

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I suspect FFG's staff is spread very thin right now.  Besides DH 2.0, they've got all the Star Wars roleplaying stuff they're working on.  We might see a few more books for BC & OW, or they might cap it after Tome of Decay and the new OW book (Shield something?).  I will be very surprised, however, if we see any more books for DH 1.0, Rogue Trader, or Deathwatch, as those use an older version of the system and have more splat books already. 

Cheers,

- V.

#92 wabbitking

wabbitking

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

IT'S ALIVE ... it is coming

http;//www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4686

ps sorry if couldn't get a link if not just check

tome of decay

rules for possessed plauges warpsmiths and more!

#93 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

I was so happy to see this announcement after the near comatose nature of BC. With the release of his supplement what is the future of BC? And as a whole what is the future of Warhammer 40k rpg? Does anyone believe that the other lines will be re-released after DH 2nd Edition? 

Given the sheer amount of time it takes to do a Core Rulebook, I can't see FFG rushing to re-do RT and DW.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS