Tome of Decay / Rot / Generally Not Looking Very Healthy

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

So what's the kickstarter, is that where fans invest money or where they do the work themselves?

#62 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Where fans invest money so game developers can make the product. But I think FFG doesn't need that in anyway, I hope.

I think people are just making a mountain out of a molehill, by crying that "The End is Nigh!" for WH40K RPG lines.

Edited by Routa-maa, 03 December 2013 - 01:38 AM.

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#63 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Well, I still want to see the Nurgle book.  Nurgle is everyone's favorite Chaos power (or so I think).  We should keep this thread alive to petition FF to finally give us our book of Rot. 

• Tenebrae and Roy Stone like this

#64 51powerski

51powerski

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Bit dissapointed that nothing has been announced still. 

Impatient?  Maybe.  But aren't all disciples of the dark gods wanting to take the fast road?

Can only think that the whole DH2 open beta outcry was a devious scheme of some Tzeentchian cultists.

Complain about the new direction.  Force FFG to scramble the 40k team to rewrite DH2.

Result - no-one left to finish the Nurgle book.

Just as planned.

#65 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

When I was at Gencon and talking with a couple of bigger names in FFG and I said that if I could have two more books for Black Crusade for me to be satisfied entirely it'd be a Book of Nurgle, and an Unaligned Book. I feel most of the worlds worth mentioning have been described enough, and those two tomes would finish up any lagging curiosity.

I said the same idea with Dark Heresy, that I'd like a Puritan's Book and a Sector Guide, but since the beta is out they're basically (if I recall a nice way to say completely) done with source books for that, and that all the worlds worth describing had been mentioned.

That's subject to me not remembering direct quotes so take that as you will.

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#66 Adeptus Ineptus

Adeptus Ineptus

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

I don't like the idea of doing a kickstarter for it but when it comes out I'll get both it and excess together.

#67 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

And now we have...? Oh, another Star Wars adventure announced. Surely this product must be coming soon, right?

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#68 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

And now we have...? Oh, another Star Wars adventure announced. Surely this product must be coming soon, right?

Well, they never actually announced it.  And Star Wars is certainly popular.  

I wish FF was sure enough that the book would be a hit that they'd make it.

#69 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I think all 40k plans are up in the air with Star Wars around. Why make anything else? It prints money.

#70 heimwehr

heimwehr

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

I hope they have spells/psyker powers. I was dissapointed when all they had was some new rituals in the tome of excess. If any book should not have had spells it would have been the tome of blood...... It would be nice if someone from FFG made some sort of response. Even if it's to say "The Dark Gods move in mysterious ways.... and only Nurgle knows when his book is coming.

#71 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

I don't really think we need more psychic powers.  There's already plenty in the core and ToF.  We *could* use an expanded section on drugs and poisons, since drugs as-written are kind of confusing.  Also vehicle rules, and possibly ship combat.

• Brother Orpheo likes this

#72 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

rogue trader rules for ship combat translate directly- no need please and thank you.  Vehicle rules exist (kind of) in RT, DW and OW- default to OW as system closest to Black Crusade.

Drugs and poisons would be cool, as would, say... diseases.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#73 TK Ghost

TK Ghost

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

I want the Tome of Decay/Pestilence/disease/whatever. In fact I bought Black Crusade after the Tomes of Fate, Blood and Excess were released in preparation for my favourite of the Chaos Powers.

I have a strong story and campaign plot with Nurgle as the main protagonist/antagonist (depending on your point of view). While I'll be able to start the campaign just using Black Crusade, it will come to a halt without the Nurgle themed Tome.

FFG, if you're reading, give us some plagues!

They Came

They Saw

They Ate

http://tyrannicwar.blogspot.co.uk/

#74 TK Ghost

TK Ghost

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

All the background for Nurgle and the Garden of Nurgle. Rules for poisons, toxins and diseases with lots of sample diseases to inspire plagues. Poisoned weapons and disease ridden rituals. Rules for the Nurgle daemons and both diseased and plague zombie minions.

Rules for roleplaying Nurgles Rot would be welcomed, since it usually ends with the character becoming a Plaguebearer.

Some archetypes could include: Death Guard and Heretek Biologis

Just hinting at what could be.

They Came

They Saw

They Ate

http://tyrannicwar.blogspot.co.uk/

#75 GoTeamGo

GoTeamGo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

Just FYI...

Got this as a response to a request for an update from FFG:

- - - - - - - - - - 
Thanks for your mailing!  We love to hear from our customers and fans!  While I can't announce whats in store for the line as a whole, I can say that Warhammer 40K RPGs have been an extremely successful game line for us (both physical and digital).  We also are very committed to supporting all the games in our Warhammer 40K RPGs -- a line a lot of us hold dear.

Hope that helps!
- - - - - - - - - - 

Cheers

#76 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

They might as well have said nothing at all.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#77 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

No, they just didn't want to commit to anything they hadn't actually announced yet.  You don't say that the 40k line has been 'extremely successful for us' if it hasn't; otherwise they'd be lying.

#78 Roy Stone

Roy Stone

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Why should the other three powers get a tome and not Nurgle? Count me among those who want this book and want it NOW.

#79 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

Seriously, H1N1's just had a resurgence in my area.  Don't make Papa Nurgle any madder...

#80 mjprogue

mjprogue

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

On the other hand, I really hope that DH2 just flat-out tanks, crashes and burns.

Well I had thought DH2 was just a new edition until I started perusing these forums today...and I have to say I disagree 100%.  I'm an old school 40k player (rogue trader anyone?) mad have played the original warhammer rpg since day 1...but after a couple of years of muddling through this 40k RPG, I eventually just got tired of house ruling everything to make up for the unworkable mechanics.

Obvious example (but by no means the only one) its freaking 40k so why is it so hard to kill anything?   Combat is way too safe without house ruling...and upping the enemy power level spits in the face of the IP...so no thanks...

Really hope the new edition fixes this stuff...and it wouldn't hurt to frag classes entirely and let us have character generation akin to DH.  Yea the "classes" are really fundamental archetypes to the 40k literature...but some kind of guidelines instead of hard classes would be welcome.

• Tenebrae likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS