Tome of Decay / Rot / Generally Not Looking Very Healthy

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'd be willing to bet that the main hold up is the overhaul to DHv2. So far none of the other lines have had any real news in a while. I think the last thing was a developer's journal about faith and coin....although if there are any play testers who just can't hold in the excitement anymore we, the community, are willing to relive you of your burden :)  

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

#42 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Another edge of the empire book! That's where all the developers have gone. We're old news. To be tossed aside now.

#43 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Another edge of the empire book! That's where all the developers have gone. We're old news. To be tossed aside now.

Aww Gamgee don't be such a sour puss. For WH40K lines they are making the Faith & Coin and No Surrrender. So this is not so deadline as you might suggest.
Just thingking about DH, almost every Hardcore DH player was crying that DH was dead but suddenly FFG delivers news that they are making DH 2.0.
Just wait and see.
Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#44 51powerski

51powerski

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

although if there are any play testers who just can't hold in the excitement anymore we, the community, are willing to relive you of your burden :)

This dear playtesters...  Papa Nurgle would not be mad with you. 

Of course FFG on the other hand...

#45 deadlyhammer

deadlyhammer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

still no real news. this is getting dumb on the scale of cancelling firefly. finish what you start FFG! tome of rot/decay is loooooong over due.

#46 Quietus1

Quietus1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

WTB Tome of Paternal Love!

• deadlyhammer likes this

#47 SgtColbert42

SgtColbert42

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

To be fair, from a philosophical viewpoint, Nurgle's a tough nut to crack. At face value, he doesn't have the raw appeal of the other gods. Slaanesh can grant you your desires, Tzeentch can grant you knowledge, Khorne can grant you martial greatness, and Nurgle can make you really sick. Let's give them some time to contemplate the great mysteries of the blubbery one.

#48 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

To be fair, from a philosophical viewpoint, Nurgle's a tough nut to crack. At face value, he doesn't have the raw appeal of the other gods. Slaanesh can grant you your desires, Tzeentch can grant you knowledge, Khorne can grant you martial greatness, and Nurgle can make you really sick. Let's give them some time to contemplate the great mysteries of the blubbery one.

Are you kidding?

Nurgle is the god of making you really, really, really, really tough, and protects you against disease. He is also practically the only god who, along with his daemons, genuinely (well.. arguably, at least) cares about their worshippers - he's not called 'Papa' Nurgle for nothing.

When you want to not waste away, when you want to live forever, and when you fear change - the opposite of Tzeentch - that's when you get pulled in by the lure of Nurgle.

• Vandegraffe and deadlyhammer like this

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#49 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

And considering how many are afraid of dying, there's a few potential converts.

• Fgdsfg likes this

#50 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

While in the real world Nurgle would be very popular, players as a general rule just don't tend to like playing characters that are physically repulsive.

(Not saying that Nurglites are the only ones that move in that direction, but more so than others.)

#51 Quietus1

Quietus1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Well, in the book (I think) it does mention that not all Nurglites are outwardly repulsive...

#52 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

While in the real world Nurgle would be very popular, players as a general rule just don't tend to like playing characters that are physically repulsive.

(Not saying that Nurglites are the only ones that move in that direction, but more so than others.)

Nurglites don't move in the direction of the outwardly repugnant moreso than anyone else. Nurglites are covered in sores and has pus-filled boils on their foreheads about as often as the slaaneshi cultists stretch their skin over an orifice and tattoos it with dicks.

I mean, of course it happens. It may even happen frequently. But it's not really worse than any other. The only ones that may get away with upper-echelon cultistry and overt corruptive features not turning them into a living mockery of the human form is arguably khornites.

But even then, only arguably.

Real men earn their fun

Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.

#53 deadlyhammer

deadlyhammer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

I dont have GW's sales numbers (and really who does?), but my observation has always been that Nurgle marines and daemons are seen on table top a close second to Khorne marines and daemons. Given that popularity, my thought was that they were saving the best for last. There are so many possibilities besides the obvious toughness buffs. Toxic weapons (covert and overt), plagues and other corrupting practices/sacrifices, tons of fluffy minions, Nurgle worlds to visit. The list could go on and on!

• Fgdsfg likes this

#54 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

I dont have GW's sales numbers (and really who does?), but my observation has always been that Nurgle marines and daemons are seen on table top a close second to Khorne marines and daemons. Given that popularity, my thought was that they were saving the best for last. There are so many possibilities besides the obvious toughness buffs. Toxic weapons (covert and overt), plagues and other corrupting practices/sacrifices, tons of fluffy minions, Nurgle worlds to visit. The list could go on and on!

Nurgle worlds. I would love to see those. Teeming with life, bugs, creeps and sluggish predators, toxic air, poisonous soil, and practically everything lives forever, as lumbering plaguebearers walk throughout the boglike forests, and great unclean ones ferment in massive dens.

I imagine something of a mix between Kashyyk and Dagobah, with a metric ton spoonful of enchanted forest - and a pinch of smallpox.

• Routa-maa and deadlyhammer like this

Real men earn their fun

#55 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Nurglites don't move in the direction of the outwardly repugnant moreso than anyone else. Nurglites are covered in sores and has pus-filled boils on their foreheads about as often as the slaaneshi cultists stretch their skin over an orifice and tattoos it with dicks.

I mean, of course it happens. It may even happen frequently. But it's not really worse than any other. The only ones that may get away with upper-echelon cultistry and overt corruptive features not turning them into a living mockery of the human form is arguably khornites.

But even then, only arguably.

Compare the Nurgle Gifts and Rewards and the others.

#56 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Stop confusing mechanics with fluff. Even if the gifts of Nurgle would be more potentially physically repulsive than those of other Chaos gods in rule terms, it wouldn't change the truth of what I said, and the Tome of Paternal Love would be a great opportunity to represent that in mechanical terms, if the Core Rulebook previously failed to do so.

Edited by Fgdsfg, 25 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Real men earn their fun

#57 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Stop confusing mechanics with fluff. Even if the gifts of Nurgle would be more potentially physically repulsive than those of other Chaos gods in rule terms, it wouldn't change the truth of what I said, and the Tome of Paternal Love would be a great opportunity to represent that in mechanical terms, if the Core Rulebook previously failed to do so.

We're talking about playing the game Black Crusade as it actually exists, or at least I am.

Players in my experience typically prefer characters who are not stinking lumps of filth. :)

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 25 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#58 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

We're talking about playing the game Black Crusade as it actually exists, or at least I am.

Players in my experience typically prefer characters who are not stinking lumps of filth. :)

In one of my games one player was Nurgle devotee (He used to play full nurgle army in TT when it was still possible) through and through.

His character was obese looking guy who has just finished his job in lime mine, pale as hell. Crooked black teeth stumps, cataract eyes, bad breath.

In other ways he looked like any normal human, no sores or lesions, no pus filled boils. Nothing to give away that he was disease ridden and corrupt, and boy he spread diseases when he wanted. And this was given without "appearance of normalcy" Gift/Reward of Chaos God.

PS. also he was a head doctor of Hive city's leader and they were shocked when Inquisition came knocking on their door looking this guy.

Edited by Routa-maa, 26 November 2013 - 01:27 AM.

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#59 Quietus1

Quietus1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

"While there are many interesting facets of the other gods that tends to be ignored, which I find infuriating (Such as: Khorne and his focus on martial prowess and honour, rather than psychotic rage; Tzeentch as a god of hope, changing the fates of those that were handed bum cards in life, rather than just megalomaniac mutative wizardry; Slaanesh as a god of excess, perfection and expertise, rather than just blackjack, hookers and drugs)"

Agreed X 1000. Far too many people forget that the gods of chaos encompass the negative AND positive sides of their aspects...

"Nurglites don't move in the direction of the outwardly repugnant moreso than anyone else. Nurglites are covered in sores and has pus-filled boils on their foreheads about as often as the slaaneshi cultists stretch their skin over an orifice and tattoos it with dicks"

ROFL

Edited by Quietus1, 26 November 2013 - 10:03 AM.

• Fgdsfg, deadlyhammer and TK Ghost like this

#60 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

They should kickstarter this, then.  I know the fans want it, but they don't want to put money out for a product that might not sell, so I think that's the best solution.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS