Photo

crown of command, casting spells on char inside from outside.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dezman8

dezman8

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

hey guys

i was wondering if anyone could clarify if there is a rule stating that people arent allowed to cast a spell on the char inside the CoC while they are outside it? I havent actually read anywhere saying you cant but that might be just me having a dyslectic moment. any clarification would be greatly appeciated.

cheers

#2 danskmacabre

danskmacabre

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

There's nothing stopping characters casting spells on a character who's on the Coc, assuming the parameters of the spell are satisfied.

You can even use an adventure card that allows you to summon someone to you such as "the Arena" on the character on the CoC. 

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

There's nothing stopping characters casting spells on a character who's on the Coc, assuming the parameters of the spell are satisfied.

You can even use an adventure card that allows you to summon someone to you such as "the Arena" on the character on the CoC. 

You mean Arena that says:

"You may summon 1 character in this Region to fight." 

How you get the Arena to the Inner Region is an interesting dilemma. Gong of War on the other hand is a valid method for removing a character on the CoC.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 danskmacabre

danskmacabre

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

You mean Arena that says:

"You may summon 1 character in this Region to fight." 

How you get the Arena to the Inner Region is an interesting dilemma. Gong of War on the other hand is a valid method for removing a character on the CoC.

Ah yes, good point.

I guess the point I was trying to make is the character on the CoC can have spells cast on him and generally be affected, assuming it falls within the parameters of the spell or ability.

I shouldn't have used the Arena as an example tho, as that doesn't fall within it;s parameters.

I didn't actually have my Talisman game to hand tho to check the specifics of that card, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

#5 dezman8

dezman8

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

thanks for the confirmation. my gaming group always trys to argue that spells cant be used on them when in the CoC when it suits them but this will clear it right up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS