Asylum packs and deluxe expansions?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scrow

Scrow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm new to the game, with only a core set, Secrets of Arkham, and Silver Twilight expansions, but I have a question.

Since the announcement of the new format of releases, are they planning to reprint the asylum packs in the new large-box format, or are the asylum packs still a good buy? 

I just don't want to start buying the Yoggoth Contract cycle asylum packs if they are just going to release them again as a deluxe expansion.

Thanks! 

#2 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

There has been no announcement regarding any reprints in that format.  I think you're probably safe to purchase the asylum packs as is.  

#3 Scrow

Scrow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Excellent, thank you.

Are there different printings with corrected or errata'd rules text, or are they all just straight reprints?

#4 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Nope, they're all the same.  Just don't buy any of the old 40-card versions.  They're pretty rare these days since they haven't been made for many years, but there might still be a few sitting on dusty old game store shelves somewhere.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS