Photo

Do you always use the new KiY Act Cards from Miskatonic Horror?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Krysmopompas

Krysmopompas

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

I always do, but the more I think about it if I'm only using the base game and KiY maybe I should use the original Act Cards. 

The rules said to replace the Act Cards with the new ones, but is that only for using KiY with other expansions as well?

cheers

K.

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I play with every expansion, so I've replaced any and all Act Cards, using only those from MH.
  • Krysmopompas likes this

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

I play with the new act dynamics only when the KiY Herald / expansion is in play. I really like thematic games, and a game with Acts without KiY cards... umpf..

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Krysmopompas

Krysmopompas

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hey Julia, I meant if I'm using Base + KiY + other expansion(s), I'm using the new Act Cards.

If I'm just using Base + KiY, I'm still using the new cards. But I guess I could use the original cards.

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Uh, I got it now, sorry! I think the new Act cards are much more interesting than the original cards. They keep the threat alive all the time, and the price to pay to avoid an act entering play is steep but not absurd like in the original set, so the playability increases a lot, and they are strategically much more interesting. Long story short, since the new are available, I won't go with old ones

• Tibs and Krysmopompas like this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS