Photo

Relatively Fresh Player Looking for a Group (also some PC ideas)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LaBombaFrita

LaBombaFrita

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hello, I've recently picked up the core rulebook for BC and would like to join in an online campaign.  I've been through one RPG campaign before; A D&D 3.5 campaign that got pretty zany towards the end (might have to share that story someday) so I'm familiar with the concept of role-playing.  I'm located in Texas so I'm running under Central US Time Zone.  My schedule is pretty flexible at the moment although evenings/night will probably be best.  I'm willing to be flexible when it comes to campaign styles as long as we are playing a story I can invest myself emotionally in.  The D&D campaign I was a part of got pretty zany 3/4's of the way through and I got pretty tired of not being able to take anything seriously.  I can be contacted at hlpraskey@gmail.com I can also be found on Skype as herbert.praskey.  You can find a condensed version of this information in the Player Finder topic of the Dark Heresy forum on this page: http://community.fan...-finder/page-14

I'd also like to share two basic heretic concepts I'd be interested in playing (although I am willing to compromise for the sake of the campaign):

M'ygnal The Wyrm Blessed(Name subject to change, the title is not)

About a month ago I became interested in the Warhammer 40K wargame and foolishly decided to start building an army because I had enough money for miniatures but not the rulebook and decided to go with Chaos Space Marines.  Not being one to just pick a standard fluff warband, I decided to create a custom warband which I've dubbed "The Bronze Wyrms/Bronze Dragons"  Basically they're a warband splintered from the Iron Warriors  that love bringing out savage daemon engines into battle (They also love their big guns).  They carry out missions for the Dark Mechanicus in exchange for maintaining a few chaos titans the warband has managed to acquire somehow (Don't ask, I'm still working out most of the fluff.  I just want an excuse to field Titans in Apocalypse battles. :P)    The Bronze Wyrms got their name from the brazen scaled, molten iron vomiting reptilian beasts which inhabit the volcanic base world of the warband. M'ygnal is the co-leader and founder of the Wyrms.  Right now he's a Terminator Lord/Sorcerer (I magnetized the mini so that he can use any of the weapons he came with), but I would love to play as him as he founds the Bronze Wyrms.  I think it would help me really flesh out the fluff for this custom band of Chaos Marines I've created.  The hard part for me would be choosing whether he should play as a Champion or a Sorcerer

The Currently Un-named Idle Singer of the Thirsting Prince

This heretic concept isn't as fleshed or thought out as the one above but I thought it would be fun to try out.  Basically, I'd like to take an Apostate, devote him to Slaanesh, and build him as a sort of traveling bard/entertainer who uses his skills of acting and entertaining to seduce clergy, governor, and sweat worker alike to forget their  Emperor- given duties for just a moment and reward themselves.  You work so hard for the God Emperor, surely you deserve a little something?  Surely a such a powerful god can spare a moment of idleness from his beloved subjects?  Surely such a benevolent ruler truly wishes his loyal to be truly happy?  With the GM's permission, I'd also love to be able to give him a tainted deck of playing cards for engaging the followers of the corpse god in a few rounds of harmless gambling.  I'm thinking either the deck would allow the owner to manipulate the odds at will or have some sort of psychic aura that corrupts victims into developing severe gambling addictions. I came up with this heretic idea because most people think of sexual deviancy when Slaanesh is mentioned and I thought it would be cool to make a Servant of the Dark Prince that was different from what most people think of when they hear "God of Excess".

Or alternatively, I could just play a standard Heretek.  I do love mad scientist cyborgs.

I'd love to hear feed back on what you guys think of these PC concepts and I'm looking forward to being part of a BC campaign.  If you think that my PC ideas belong in another topic or I should make a separate topic focused on that, please let me know.  I apologize for the wall of text and wish all of you Happy Gaming.

Edited by LaBombaFrita, 29 August 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#2 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm interested in an online game as well. I have a couple going as a GM but none as a player.

I have a couple of characters I am dying to try out:

Conan the Barbarian in Space, exiled from Xurunt, dreams of returning... to conquer!!!

Imperial Guard Sargent who sold his soul to save his squad -- said salvation being done by giving them the Peace of the Grave. Tormented and driven half-mad by guilt, he heads to the Screaming Vortex in the hopes of finding some way to bring "My Men!!!" back to life. Also a Heavy Gunner version of the same character (legacy weapon heavy stubber). And a Dark Rambo commando version of the same character.

Fallen Arbitrator. He was investigating the Murder Room mystery in the Calixis Sector. It became a mad obsession, and he began to delve into forbidden lore to find a way to unravel the mystery. A very film noir character.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 02 September 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#3 Navar

Navar

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I would be interested in playing a game as well.

I have a couple of character ideas I will try to post tomorrow.

#4 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Now all we need is a GM. :)

I might post my Dark Rambo here as a hopeful way to entice someone. :)

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 13 September 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#5 LaBombaFrita

LaBombaFrita

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Wanted to update this topic a bit by saying I believe I might have found a group.  Several members of the 40k MMO Community (Eternal Crusade) are planning a huge multi-party campaign in anticipation of Eternal Crusade and I think I might have a spot.  You can find out more here. http://forum.eternal...on-thread.1553/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS