Advice for using a Titan

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Geekman042

Geekman042

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Has anyone else used a titan as a plot point in one of their games. I'm trying to decide if I should stat it as a vehicle or just use it as terrain. Context: the characters are trying to break into it while its in motion in order to kill the princepts/bridge crew before it can bombard a small hive containing an important Imperial holy site. 

Edited by Geekman042, 31 August 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#2 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

I wouldn't stat it like vehicle.  It's just plain too big and powerful to be considered like that.  Decide what it requires for them to get on board and treat the interior as a location that they move through complete with badguys etc.

So for example:

Awareness to spot a suitable boarding point.

Climb/acrobatics to actually grab on.

Climb to get to an entrance

Security to break in

#3 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

The Black Sepulchre uses a titan in it, not sure how detailed it is, but if you can get a look at that then it might help. They'd certainly get major penalties for moving on the titan while it's in motion.

#4 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

it depends on the titans class, warhounds could be stated as vehicles. anything bigger I would use the advice above. if I'm not mistaken there are stats for a warhound in deathwatch's "rites of battle".

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

#5 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

I agree with BrotherKane. Stating a Titan for use against DH Acolytes would be pointless- they are intended to take on whole tank columns! I would treat it as a 'dungeon on legs', and have the mission determined entirely by what happens inside the Titan.

#6 Jargal

Jargal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

Even a Warhound titan is very, very, VERY powerful. My players annihilate Daemon Prince in just a few rounds...

#7 Geekman042

Geekman042

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the Advice guys!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS