Photo

Oregon Players, League gaming starting soon!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:52 AM

I am looking to start league gaming soon. I currently host gaming night ever monday at 5pm at Borderlands games in Salem OR 546 high st 97301 phone number is 503-485-2554.

I am looking to start league games and begin playing campaigns. I will be able to give rewards to players from the game night kits!!!

The store has plenty of core sets and some Yt-1300s and Firesprays. Also some starfield playmats and asteroids. If you dont have a playmat thats fine, we have extra we can put out for game night playing.

If interested contact the store and inquire about the x-wing game night and tell them your especially interested in league gaming.

Also if you dont have ships yet, not a problem, ill be happy to loan some out for the game night and teach anyone who wants how to play.

You can also ask any questions here.

ALSO!!!

WE HAVE A DEATH STAR!!!!!!!!

Edited by yagyu, 28 August 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#2 TuxedoX

TuxedoX

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm interested in League Gaming for X Wing!  I live in Lebanon, OR and would be able to make it there about once a month or so.  What does League Gaming entail?  What would I need to have/possess to play?  Thanks,

TuxedoX

#3 RoughNeck20

RoughNeck20

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Did this ever get going?  I live in Cornelius so Salem is  a long drive but if you play on Sundays I could work something out.

#4 JaceMoonstrider

JaceMoonstrider

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I believe Mondays at borderlands is mostly for Demo of X-Wing and pick-up games. They do have a monthly tournament as well.
This month is Sat the 23rd at noon.

#5 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Sorry for the delay, just an update yes, this monday is going to be the first league game for x-wing. Were doing a custom campaign system so feel free to come down if you can get the chance. We also do free play and the lcg, and later in the night if your able to stay up later were going to be starting the edge of the empire rpg campaigns, (this monday is creating character sheets). Also November 23 at 12pm is the X-wing Tournament, $10 entry fee, $50 store credit to the winner and prizes from season 2 game night kit, plus a little bonus prize i cooked up my self for participation.

#6 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Oh and to answer your questions Tuxedo, it helps alot if you have your own x-wing models, a core set or more will do. But if not I am lending ships out for the night and for the games. The campaign works as follows. Players choose their factions and then spend a starting 33 points on their ship or ships. Cannot be a unique pilot. Then we start doing the missions in the books and some dog fights as well as a few special death star scenarios with my custom made death star surface. You get points based on kills, so your ship would receive 1 victory point for killing a ship with a pilot skill of 1-3, then 2 vp for a kill of 4-6 and 3 vp for a kill of 7 and up.

Also you get 1 vp for surviving. You can run away and lose that match but you will get 1 vp for surviving and will have that ship for the next match. If your ship gets blown up you need to purchase another non unique ship. You can upgrade your ship type to a unique version of that ship if that ship has survived 3 encounters. (Making him an ace) IE you buy a red sqaudron pilot, he survives 3 matches, then you take his base cost plus the victory points you acquired in your matched and purchase say Luke skywalker if you have enough points. Luke is now yours for the remainder of the campaign.

A few things will need to be discussed by the group to see how they wanna play it but otherwise it seems pretty sound and fun. We have about 3-5 people on mondays now and hopefully that will grow and continue.

So yeah feel free to come down and have some fun.

#7 JaceMoonstrider

JaceMoonstrider

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Can you participate in league if you can only come sporadically to Monday nights?
Also ... Is it only 1 ship or total not more than 33? Are upgrades allowed (up to 33 total)? Are discarded upgrades (bombs, missiles, torps) replenished between battles? Are unique upgrades available at start (Astromechs, Titles, ect.)? Are any left over points from original 33 saved for future spending?

Edited by JaceMoonstrider, 18 November 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#8 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Mike/jace i think we answered everything at last nights game night for u. If you still got questions feel free to ask. Were going to do the league night every other monday so you have a better chance of making it. So next monday will just be demos and pick up games but the monday after that will be the next league match. Hope u had fun. Also do me a favor, if you can check im missing one of my turn markers templates, its the hard 3. i gotta go through everything but when we were picking up one was missing before i threw them in my boxes. So i think one of the guys grabbed it by accident during clean up. Can u check if you got one to many? thanks

Edited by yagyu, 19 November 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#9 JaceMoonstrider

JaceMoonstrider

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Sure thing! See you guys at Saturday's tournament! Just finished a lengthy Kath Scarlet reprint for it (Spoiler Alert: Playing Kath Saturday).

#10 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Good to hear about this. X-Wing events are also coming together in Corvallis and Lebanon, so feel free to contact me if those locations are more convenient for you.

Dave

luminousbeings@yahoo.com

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#11 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

Glad to hear our neighbors are having a good x-wing scene :) feel free to join us for a tourny if u dont mind mind the drive and visa versa ill let my boys know

#12 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

League nights r going strong, current standings are 3 league games have been played, 1 imperial victory, 1 draw, 1 rebel victory. Join us the last monday of dec for the next league night! Btw i am there at borderlands in salem all day on monday, well be doing the lcg the edge of the empire rp and the old decipher ccg. So come down and join us for star wars day!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS